Thursday, July 20, 2017

One More Doctors' Appointment - Today


Bill after his endoscopy - "Get me out of here!"

Well, Bill's endoscopy went well. 

Thank goodness!

Bill's doctor (who is fabulous) stuck a tube with a camera down his throat and checked his healing ulcers. The good news is that Bill's ulcers are healing well.  

Thank goodness!

Today I take Bill for his last visit to his eye doctor who performed his cataract surgery. Today Bill gets his prescription for new glasses. 

Thank goodness!

Finally, Bill can now take his eye test at the Delaware DMV so he can get his license back.

And oh, one more thing, remember how I said I was look at a doctor free month for August?  Dash that reality. My cardiologist scheduled an ultra sound for next month.  That's where they grease up your stomach (cold grease by the way) and take a picture of the goings on down there. 

And, I have my annual dermatology appointment next month, which I had forgotten.  I have a few spots on my skin that my dermatologist has to check out. 

And the beat goes on.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Hi there! This article could not be written any better!
    Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept talking about this. I will forward this information to
    him. Pretty sure he will have a great read. Thanks
    for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anonymous!
      This looks like a robot comment. Yes?
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,

    Last tim I was getting ultrasound I was surprised to find the technologists were now warming the stuff before application. Felt good rather than jumping a foot off the table with cold shock.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      I hope I get warm grease on my tummy for my ultra-sound. That cold grease is shocking.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. The night before I started physical therapy, they sent me down to ultrasound on my legs to check for blood clots (I had been on my back in bed for 10 days at that point.) I tried a joke about the last time I had been in a darkened room with a quart of lube, the technician didn't get the joke. He didn't get it, or didn't have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      Possibly he didn't get your "lube" joke because it was out of his frame of reference. I tried a similar joke on a co-worker of mine that had his wife give him an enema prior to a colonoscopy. He said he wasn't looking forward to having an object stuck up his anus even if his wife was doing it. I told him to turn off the lights and light a candle and put some soft music on during the insertion. He didn't get the joke.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that August won't be completely doctor-free, but you're definitely making progress. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon. By the way, how come you don't have any doctors' appointments? You don't know what you're missing (smile)
      Ron

      Delete
  5. glad to hear things are well
    try to stay away from doctors in the future

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that August won't be completely doctor-free, but you're definitely making progress. Hang in there!

    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete