Monday, September 16, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again

Yep, I'm back in the saddle again folks.  This morning I did have a little slip up.  You know that I don't preplan my blog posts.  I type whatever comes into my head.  The spontaneity thing you know.  So this morning I was going through old photographs and saw one of my Pop actually showing a tender moment.....towards his dog of course. God forbid he would show one towards any of his sons, especially the oldest...that would be me.  So I went THAT direction with my blog post.  Negative.  Sorry about that folks. But it is what it is, I'm leaving it.  All part of my autobiographical blog posting history.  When I'm long gone and forgotten someone will stumble over that blog post and think "Oh, another one of those dysfunctional father son relationships" and go on to the next blog post.  Well, I left my mark anyway, which is one of my intentions when I post blogs.  Someone may be interested in this one speck of sand of the beach of the universe.  Wondering where I'm going with this post?  Heck if I know.




So, back to my "Back in the Saddle" theme.  Yes folks, I really feel like I'm back in the saddle after my recent medical drama.  Man oh man, I'm still going through it of course.  I still have the stent and peeing is an interesting experience.  Stop and start and burning but not intolerable like it was after my prostate surgery.  Sure would be nice to have a regular pee again.  Maybe after my procedure this Friday to "kidney stone bath" my two remaining stones.

These days I'm getting a good night's sleep.  I have my appetite back but I would like to keep off that eleven pounds (all around my waist by the way) that I lost while getting rid of those two kidney stones.  One interesting thing though, I've lost almost all my taste for sweets.  I have a longtime habit of having a sweet (a dessert, get your mind out of the gutter...puh-leaze) before I go to bed.  I just don't have that desire now.  Interesting that.  Good though, maybe I'll  keep that extra inch off of my waist.  I can deal with that.




I'm still way behind on my blog reading and my Find a Grave requests for changes.  Those folks must think I passed.  I really do have to clean out my e-mail.




This morning I was going through some old photos, looking for that original photo of me with a Sousaphone that a French filmmaker (yes, you read that right) has requested.  Old Ron's blog gets around folks, you just never know who is reading it.  Well anyway, I'm going through boxes of old photos and discovering extra prints that I had made but didn't distribute.  So I contact my friend Renee on Facebook and asked her if I had sent them to her.  The prints are only NINE YEARS old.  My, my how time flies.  I got to get out these prints and videos folks before I'm out of here.  


Me (the tall goof in the middle) with my co-worker Renee (on the left) and customer Dian (on the right) at First Financial Bank in Downingtown 2003 - discovered photo with multiple prints that I never delivered

But the good news is that I am back.  I'M BACK!  I have my strength back and interest if not my full appetite for sweets.  



Yeah, I know.  What do the pictures of me trimming grass have to do with this blog?  Nothing.  Just an excuse to post them.  The autobiography thing again you know.  

14 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, though i'd think a saddle is the last place you'd want to be!
    About hose "negative" posts, a blog is a journal and a diary and a place for your thoughts. If folks don't like it there's always another post or another blog or their own blog, or maybe even an off switch on their computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always , excellent advice Bob! I feel so guilty, I haven't read your blog lately. I don't like to skim through your postings, I prefer to take my time and savor them. I'll be back!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's my feelings exactly Anne Marie!

      Delete
  3. Ron,

    We all have high tides and low tides. To share them makes you genuine and thats what I love about your blog.

    As Billy Joel would say.... "Don't go changing to try and please me, I love you just the way you are."

    A.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right Arleen, good advice. That's me, the highs and lows. It's all there in my blog.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Roger4:09 PM

    Your post on "pops" was one of your best yet. Well written and to the point with touching pictures. You would be surprised how many people you touch with your daily posts.

    I didn't become close with my Dad until after my CHF diagnosis and multiple surgeries. Now I either text, talk or FaceTime with him daily.

    So continue to write what's on your mind Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roger,

    Thank you very much for your kind and generous comments. I have to admit that sometimes I don't fully realize how many people read my posts.

    Oh how I wish I could have become close with my dad, especially towards the end of his life. But he always kept that wall up. I don't know why but it was always there. I just can't imagine talking to him by text or FaceTime. Most times I talked to him on the phone he was complaining about something I did or didn't do. He was a hard man to please. Sometimes I wonder if I ever did

    Thanks for the advice to continue to write what is on my mind. That I will do!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy to hear that you're doing so well! That's great! I know you were suffering. KEEP IT UP!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      Just a little further to go then I'm back to normal. This morning I get my records from the VA to coordinate my kidney stone procedure this Friday. Sure would be nice to go a week without contacting a doctor or a medical establishment.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. It's good to know you're back in the saddle and I'm sure Gene Autry would be proud! One of the many things I like about your blog posts is the spontaneity. You're never boring. I have a bad habit of writing far too many rambling thoughts in my blog. I either confound people or mercilessly bore them.
    By the way, I've never yet lost my desire for sweets....or booze.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jon,

    Thanks! I'm glad that spontaneity comes through. I write what's on my mind. Not much thought beforehand except the general topic and then I often veer off. By the way, I don't think you ramble on your blog and you never bore. At least you don't bore me and believe me, I am easily bored.

    I still have a taste for sweets but not like I used to. I do like an occasional martini when I am in company but I could never drink alone. I'm the same with coffee, I sometimes drink coffee at a restaurant but never at home. Don't know why, just never developed the habit.

    Always, always good to hear from you Jon. One of my very favorite bloggers and friends.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ron,

    I like your blogs because they are like good conversation. And the spontaneity is great - and the flow moves us along always in such a friendly manner. I always look forward to see what is on your mind in the next blog. And I've not once disagreed with any point you've ever made. Thanks for such good reading material.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. You do know you're only encouraging me to write more don't you? :)

      Ron

      Delete