Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Point Is




Not much going on this Saturday. Bill and I had our usual weekly breakfast at Zorba's in Rehoboth Beach. We arrived way too early (just after 7 am.) We go to Zorba's because it is gay friendly (although it is not a gay restaurant) and comfortable, if worn, seating. Our waitress is always very friendly. Bill especially enjoys teasing her. It is his weekly ritual. However, the food is not too good. In fact, it's pretty awful. Cheap, but awful. This morning we both had an egg omelet. It was like eating shelf liner, tasteless. I always get scrapple which I love (a Chester County, PA thing.) The home fries were good and the rye toast was especially good since the cook buttered the toast while it was still hot instead of cold like he usually does. So we're thinking of changing restaurants next week. Yesterday I ate at the new Ocean Point Grill at the Five Points shopping center in Lewes. Ironically, Zorba's used to Ocean Point Grill too. But the owners relocated to Long Neck. The name "Ocean Point Grill" stayed the same at the Rehoboth location even though it was under different owners. Then the owners of the original Ocean Point Grill opened another restaurant at the aforementioned Five Points location in Lewes. I realize I have a lot of "Points" here and I'm probably boring you, the reader to tears with my narrative here. The point is (another "point") we're thinking of changing restaurants. And that's saying something because we're both old geezers (Bill's 80 and I'm 67) and you know how us old folk hate change. So next week we're going to have breakfast at the Ocean Point Grill at the Five Points location in Lewes. Oh how I would like a good egg omelet.


Later we visited our friend who is suffering from the early stages of dementia. He had another emergency today. He lost his water (not baby, but to his double wide.) He had to call in the plumber at weekend rates. We visited him and his cat, Stormy (his cat and I are pictured on this blog.) The plumber fixed the problem (a perforated pipe) and now our friend is up and running again. He and his partner are planning a two week vacation out west to the redwoods of California and he is dreading it. Not for the trip itself but for all the aggravation one has to go through to travel by plane these days. Taking your shoes off at the airport, random strip searches (which happened to my cousin Jack not too long ago) and lost luggage not to even mention the dollar cost. Our friend is 72 years old, just getting on the cusp of "I don't need any more aggravation in my life." I would like to take a trip but I don't think I will just because of all the stress involved. Never say never but I doubt if I'll be taking any more long trips in my lifetime. I'm just as comfortable in my home here on the Delmarva peninsula. As I've said many times before, I'm very happy here. Why push it?

4 comments:

  1. It's hard to say witch of you on the sofa is more huggable. We choose the two legged animal. Hugs, M and G

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant surprise! Thank you very much for the compliment. Your generous comment does this old heart good. By the way, that is one tough cat on the arm of the sofa. His name is "Stormy." He regularly beats up his look a-like sister to keep her out of the house. His sister's name is "Ronnie." Bob so named her because she is sweet and gentle. Hmmmmm. I wonder what my friend Bob is saying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenn just spell checked my comment. I spelled witch, oops, meant to say which. OH the witch said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike,

    I knew you meant "which." I wish you and Glenn were my neighbors here instead of living on the other side of the country. Then I would invite you and Glenn over for dinner with me and Bill. I like you guys.

    ReplyDelete