With all the trouble in the world I decided to post this happy dance video of Special Disco Studio 54 Paolotes, New York City.
The past few weeks here at Casa Tipton-Kelly have been a little down. I miss my kitty (Fiona) but it was not to be at this time of my life when I have to devote most of my time caring for Bill and maintaining our home. But rest assured if the day should ever come that I am alone here at Casa Tipton-Kelly I will get another little calico (my favorite color) kitty to keep me company and to keep her out of a shelter.
This morning I addressed my Christmas cards and had this You Tube video on as background to keep me in a good mood. To keep me from slipping into a funk. There are some other issues in my life which are personal that is also contributing to my melancholy which for reasons of privacy of the other party I'm not going to go into here in this public forum. I've learned my lesson from past blog posts be being too open. Whenever I feel myself slipping into that Black Hole of Depression I put a continuous disco mix on which never fails to lift my spirits. And I remind myself that all my "problems" are First World Problems. I remind myself self that I'm not living in Ukraine where the Russians are trying to bomb the Ukrainians into submission. I remind myself that eventually, The Criminal Trump and his enablers will be held accountable for his lifetime of crime and their treasonous activities that almost cost us our democracy. Life is fragile folks. Something I've learned in my four score years on this planet. We never get another go round. Make the most of every day while you can and be thankful for what you have now, imperfect as it may be. And sit back and play this video of Studio 54 music. I hope it makes you feel as good as it does for me.
6 comments:
Big Hug!!
I know about the funk.
I find a walk outside does me wonders. Also at 65 my gym routine 6 days a week does my mind a world of good.
Best,
Victor
XO
Victor,
The Black Dog of Depression.Who hasn't suffered from that at one time or another in their lives? I'll get out of this too. This music always
Private personal problems are a bitch. Seems like we always have trouble letting the cause go. I, myself, let it eat at me until I gotta tell somebody. Now that is a problem because finding the person to confide in is a real bitch. Put that all a side because there is a bigger issue that makes us more vulnerable to depression...THE HOLIDAYS!! The damn depression just jumps up and bites you in the ass every damn Christmas. My depersion worsens though because my birthday is the 29th of December (70 this one) and 5 members of my family died in December. I always say I have a reason to be depressed and after all these years I can, and will, get over it. Imy own good time and way. So, Ron, great picture of the Poinsettia. I used to fill the house for the holidays with Poinsettia. Now I just think of how much money I save by not doing it. LOL. If ever you need to have an ear to chew on and get something off your chest you know where to find me. Be safe. Be careful. and above all Be Happy!
the clip was jolly and good for you for not succumbing to the gloom.
Woody,
What a coincidence! Your birthday on December 29th is the same day as Pat's. I used to think my Mother's birthday of December 24th was bad because as a child she always felt cheated when she received a combined birthday/Christmas present. She always mentioned that.
My temporary depression is over (thank goodness). I'm back to normal now. It will happen again though. I think everybody goes through these "valleys."
Ron
Spo,
I chose not to descend into that valley of darkness. A continuous DJ mix of heavy beat disco music always puts me in a good mood.
Ron
Post a Comment