Better late than never! Merry Christmas to all my blogger followers!
Believe it or not I just got up from a LONG afternoon nap. Wow.
Usually my afternoon naps are about an hour or longer. This afternoon, it was THREE HOURS!
When I woke up, after lying down at about 2:30 PM, all was dark. Bill was in his bedroom, done for the day. Usually I get up from my daily afternoon naps at about 4 PM to 5 PM. I make Bill's "dinner" of oatmeal at five and give him his sleeping pill and her medications. This afternoon I woke up at 6:15 PM! Casa Tipton-Kelly was enveloped in quietness and darkness. I rushed downstairs to find Bill already in his recliner, gone for the day. He wasn't asleep. I told him to come upstairs for his dinner but he said he wasn't hungry. Well, he will be tomorrow because at dinnertime I don't only give him his oatmeal soaked in half and half or egg nog (this time of year) but his nightly dessert of pudding. I made butterscotch pudding for him last night. It's nice and cold for him. I top it off with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Not tonight though, he's in bedtime mode. He wasn't mad, just tired on this strongly quiet day.
Our 82 year old widowed neighbor had his extended family over. Two daughters, their husbands and their adult children plus his crazy dog Cleo. His name is Bob and I just got off the phone with him. He called to wish me a merry Christmas and told me his turkey is still cooking in the oven and won't be done until about 7:30. Late dinner for those folks tonight. His dog, who loves attention, is gettin plenty of attention tonight. He invited me to stop over tomorrow and say "Hi!" to everyone. I may do that.
I just got off FaceTime with Pat. Cold up there in Hamilton, Ontario Canada tonight. Pat had a quiet day too. He briefly met up with his friends Paul and Deb to exchange presents. We're going to call our friend Don in Philly later tonight. Don is spending this Christmas alone too. The fate of older gay guys. Not as bad as you would think. None of us wants to desires to have all that family commotion of Christmas but I'm glad for those that do.
After breakfast this morning I cleaned out my freezer chest and took out all the meals I had frozen this past year to feed to the seagulls in the BJ's parking lot.
The weather is in the teens down here. The birds really appreciated their Christmas treat and I cleared out my freezer for my meals for the new year.
I'm going to update my online Scrabble games with Pat now, have a late Christmas Day dinner of left over Butterball turkey that I made last week and call it a day. I hope I can sleep tonight after this long Christmas Day afternoon nap. Wow.

6 comments:
Merry Christmas Ron and Bill.
Enjoy yourselves
Lots of love
Jacinta
All best wishes to your home and loved ones. Reading your posts has been a stabilizing influence lately and I sure appreciate it. There's about 1/2 hour of Christmas left and I'm happy to think of you and include you among the gifts. --Geo.
When in doubt get horizontal
Jacinta,
Right back at you Jacinta. Have a very happy holiday season!
Ron
Geo.,
How nice of you to say such kind remarks to me. I'm glad I can be stabilizing. Sometimes I think I need stabilizing. Have a very happy new year.
Ron
Ur-Spo,
Excellent advice as always!
Ron
Post a Comment