Good news folks!
This morning I had my annual ultra sound to check on the aneurism I have on my aorta valve. The technician said that it "looked better" than the image he took last year. He said it either "got better" or last year's picture was at a different/bad angle. He checked several angles this time and my aorta aneurism hadn't changed, which is GOOD NEWS.
That means for now I can put at rest the need for finding someone to care for Bill should I need surgery. No surgery for now or for the rest of my life I hope! I've had enough surgery in my life.
Now to continue with our life here on this rainy early winter day in southern Delaware.
Have a great day everyone!
9 comments:
Great news, Ron! Rest easy. Now you can go into the holidays and relax.
The temps have plummeted here in Ohio. Windy, rain and generally miserable.
At least there's not a blizzard to deal with.....yet! Take care.
Paranormal John
Fan-Frigging-Tastic! That is, for sure, a load of worry off your shoulders. I am so happy for you. So much less to worry about for now. Enjoy the day. Carry on as the British say. It is a sunny but very cold and windy day here in Southwestern Ohio. It is funny, in a way, how a bit of sunshine "brightens" ones day and spirit. I think I shall make some hearty soul warming soup today. Ron, that was truly good news. Be careful. Be safe. Be happy! Adieu
I just have to comment on what Victor had to say about egg nog and fruitcake. I LOVE egg nog. Since the local brand I buy is ultra pasturized I am for some reason not bothered by lactose intolerance as I am with most milk products. All thru December I enjoy "fresh" egg nog. I enjoy it over my morning bowl of cold cereal like Bill Kelly does. It also does wonders for a hot bowl of Old Fashioned oat meal. Fruit cake is one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world. I am the crazy fruit cake man. I will accept any unopened fruitcake a neighbor or friend wants to get rid off. Nothing better at bed time than a glass of sherry and a slice of fruit cake dipped into the sherry and nibble on watching the local news. There is a special benefit I get from the fruit cake and egg nog combo, a very mild stool softening effect. That damn fruit cake is full of fiber! It is good for you. The egg nog, too! I have been on an opioid (legally)for 9 years and suffer from serious and severe constipation from time to time. The apple a day doesn't help but egg nog and fruit cake will fix me right up. So, everyone, don't laugh or groan at this comments subject matter. That fruit cake so many of you all laugh about and pass around as a white elephant gift or throw away is free daily fiber for this "crazy fruit cake man". And those of you who turn your noses up at the mentioning of egg nog because it gives you gas well it keeps this old man regular. I say try it because it might just work for you, too. Sorry Ron, I didn't mean to use your blog as a soap box to expound upon my theory that egg nog and fruit cake is good for you. I know, I need to get my own blog. Victor, your a good man. Adieu, once again. Oh, and Be safe, Be careful, and Be Happy.
Paranormal John,
What a relief! I live another day in relatively good health. Rainy here today also. No snow!
Ron
Victor
We LOVE egg nog here but I don't drink as much as Bill because of all the fat calories. I just keep developing this spare tire that NEVER goes down. Interesting, I'm about the same weight I've been the last forty years (160 to 170) but the weight shifts around.
I'm glad I have more time now to take care of Bill. He tries so hard and so appreciates me care as I do having him here with me on this rainy day in southern Delaware.
Always good to hear from you Victor. By the way, no Christmas decorations yet. Have to be in the mood to get the ceramic Christmas trees out.
Ron
Woody,
Yes, you need to get your own blog. I would read every post and Im sure many others would DO IT! By the way, very helpful information about egg nog and fruit cake. Bill used to love fruit cake but he can't have any now because of his swallowing problems. I like fruitcake too but haven't had any in years. I never "got" the disparaging of fruitcake. Interesting thing, I used to like bundt cakes and other cakes but not now. I just lost my taste for them. These days I have rice pudding. Another "by the way", constitpation is the downside of opioids. I struggled with constipation for years because of my low water intake. I finally found my solution many years ago by accident. It is a twice daily dose of herbal fiber blend sold by AIM Industries. Expense and only available by mail but it WORKS! Good to know fruitcake and egg nog also works! These days I'm regular every day, thank goodness. In the past sometimes I could go as low as here or FOUR days. No wonder some of the people who worked for me at the bank said I was "full of shit." I didn't realize how right they were!. Rice used to bind me up and that's why I didn't eat it for years. I do now though and I love it!
I'm looking forward to your blog Woody!
Ron
That's great news Ron!
Sassybear,
Tell me about it! So relieved. A reprieve, for awhile at least.
Ron
I join the conga line of congratulations. What a relief
Post a Comment