![]() |
| Frozen Pond |
This is the time of year I dislike the most, the week between Christmas and New Year's. There is nothing on TV. All the regular hosts are on well deserved vacations. And worse, which I really hate is the recap of the previous year's news. Oh how I hate that. I already know the news folks, that's just filler.
Oh well, could be worse as I often say. This is a First World Problem. I could be living in Ukraine where Putin is raining death and destruction on that innocent country who only wants to live in peace and not under Russian Rule.
Here at Casa Tipton-Kelly life goes on. Bill had another infection on his right leg which I've been dressing every day. We went several months without infections on his edema affected lower limbs but our luck ran out. Thankfully that infection is now clearing up. Bill hates to hate the dressing changed daily but that is the only way to clear up the infection before it gets worse. Tomorrow we have an appointment at the local audiologist. Bill has "vintage" hearing aids that just aren't working as well for him with his profound hearing loss. We got new state of the art hearing aids for him last year but he couldn't get used to them. The volume was controlled by an app on my iPhone. That didn't work because Bill doesn't use my iPhone and couldn't even if he wanted to because of his blindness and confusion. I'm all for WIFI and apps but come one folks, most 94 year old men (and women) who have suffered strokes don't use iPhones. The audiologist assured me that there was another option and that's what we're going to do tomorrow at this time.
It is damn cold outside. We missed the horrendous snowstorms that affected some areas of our country but we got the wind. Now I many branches of the three river birch trees to clean up. My newly installed fish pond is frozen over. It's deep enough though for the seven goldfish and two carp to survive these freezing temperatures. I'm always amazed at how hardy goldfish are. When we lived in Pennsylvania my goldfish always made it through the winter in their outdoor ponds. Oh how I miss those ponds. Of course the new owner never took care of them. A few years later Bill and I went up to visit the now abandoned property (it went into foreclosure) and the ponds were still there, clogged with leaves. Amazingly I saw movement in that sludge. Something was down there in that mess. I hope it wasn't goldfish.
My mind is all over the place this morning. I've been thinking a lot about where we will be this time next year. I have a feeling there will be big changes. Time goes by so fast though. We may be at the same place we are now just another year older.

3 comments:
This is definitely considered the lost week. Another site brought to my attention that this time must suck for folks with a birthday during this week as most people are checked out and/or on vacation so won't be around to celebrate.
Tut! History show this was the time of year there really wasn't anything to do it was too cold, so people turned it into a 12 day party viz the twelve days of Christmas.
I for one am enjoying my non-event week by doing little
Spo, When i was child with no real cares in the world to worry about I had fun during the lost week a.k.a. my birthday week. I would go sledding and ice skate and help tend the burn piles in the fields while the old folks set them on fire. I also would Fox Hunt. Yes, I got my first kill about 12 yo. Soon after we didn't fo in for the kill anymore so those who hate can stop right now. I understabd that you are enjoying this time off doing nothing because you are still active in the work force. Up until I was forced into retirement I too enjoy doing nothing during the lost week. In between marriages I would prowl the bars looking for one night stands. Yeah, pretty much nothing. Now that I am OLD/70 I make my own fun and entertainment most of the time. So what you say is true Spo. I do however spend time reflecting upon the lives and times of those we held dear such as AnnMarie Warrior Queen and her consort. So many gone but not forgotten in the hearts of many of us. Happy New Year to you Spo. Thanks Ron for the chat room. LOL. You will be charging me rent soon if I don't stop this hogging your blog. Adieu
Post a Comment