![]() |
| Christmas 1971 |
Brrrr! It is COLD here in southern Delaware this morning.
Fourteen degrees on this sunny snowless (thank goodness) morning here at Casa Tipton-Kelly. Our house is warm and cozy. Our propane gas heating system is working well heating the whole house. However, Bill said he was too hot last night but that is because his little cubby bedroom is right next to the HVAC system in our basement.
After I finish this blog post and update my online (Facebook) Scrabble games, Bill and I are going for our daily ride on this frigid Christmas Eve day. Today I have to get more of those delicious biscuits from Royal Farms. I also have to get gas which I'm dreading pumping gas in this cold weather. The wind is ferocious whipping down those gas pumps. I no fan of that kind of cold pain. What's worse? The extreme cold or suffocating humid heat? We get both here in southern Delaware.
This Christmas Eve day will be like any other day here at Casa Tipton-Kelly. After our daily ride, I'll have lunch then take my afternoon nap. My bedroom is ideally situated for cold sunny winter days. It gets that passive solar warmth. I didn't plan the bedroom placement that way, I got lucky. That's one thing I will miss if I ever move from here.
Tomorrow for Christmas we will have our usual day. We stopped exchanging presents over thirty years ago. Until Bill lost his eyesight, exchanging Christmas cards was our thing at Christmas. We don't do that now because Bill can't see the card. We're together, that's what counts. On Christmas Day or any other day of the year.
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

6 comments:
Happy Christmas ! oxox
Enjoy and have some peace this holiday!
Nice blog Ron. Glad it's toasty in Case Tipton Kelly. The furnace is pumping away up my way too. Very frigid - lots of travel cancellations for visiting family including yours truly. So I intend to hunt for a possible restaurant that is open for a nice meal later and maybe go to a movie. All the best always Ron - to you and Bill.
Pat
Spo,
Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas!
Ron
Jardley,
Enjoying the peace of the holiday right now!
Ron
Pat,
Thank you for your good wishes. I hope your Christmas and birthday are very nice for you this year.
Ron
Post a Comment