This morning I had my annual visit to my urologist. My visit was delayed by a few months because he had to have emergency surgery. I asked him if I could ask him what happen and he said "Sure, I'll tell you. I've told everyone." He said he awoke one morning and had this terrible pain in his forehead, "the worst pain I've ever experienced." This from my urologist who has heard more stories from his patients about their kidneys stone pain which, to me, is the worst pain possible. I've been through that experience several times and I hope to hell I never have to go through it again in my life.
He said he was taken to the Emergency Room and after X-rays they detected a tumor in his frontal lobe that was bleeding! He was taken by ambulance to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, the same hospital that saved my Bill's life two years ago (and wanted to perform brain surgery to relieve the swelling on his brain, which I turned them down). He said they removed the tumor through his nose! Thank God it was a non cancerous tumor and he back to normal now. He is only fifty-four years old.
Just goes to show you how fragile our lives are. Again, proves the point to me to make every day count. Take nothing for granted and be grateful for all the good things in your life and try to get by the bad things for tomorrow my be our last day.
When I was young I didn't think of such frailty of life even though I almost lost my life through hospital neglect when I contacted a staph infection through a routine hernia operation. After I got over than near miss, I thought I would live forever. Nowadays I am thankful for each day that I am of sound mind and can get around on my own two feet without falling flat on my face (which I've done more than a few times in the past few years).
Now it's almost time for our second doctor's appointment today. This one for Bill at his audiologist to get his ears cleaned and check his hearing aids. This Friday I have a full body check at my dermatologist, which I am dreading. This body at my age? You don't want to know.
More stream of conscientious tomorrow folks. This is fun!

3 comments:
We each rate our pain a little different based on what the range and type of pain we have had during our lives. I agree that the kidney stone pain is about the worst acute pain there is and definitely a 10 especially when you go into shock and pass out from it. I have been there. But I had another experience 12/08/13 that almost took my life and I still suffer the consequences from it. Pain, pain, pain. I slipped on black ice, flipped over backwards with terrific force and struck my head on the pavement. This during a blizzard that took us by surprise. Witnesses said that my head bounced three times before I laid still. I remember part of it, mostly the pain. I suffered a broken back in the lumbar and sacrum area, damn near completely fractured all 7 cervical vertebrae, and top it all off I had two cerebral aneurysms that burst. The cerebral pain from the blood pressure was the absolute worst that there ever was. They could stablize my spine to prevent further severe pain but not the pressure in the brain. The surgeon asked me the pain level and I told him off the chart and went unconscious. They drilled holes in my skull to relieve the pressure and then quickly clipped off the bleeders. It is a long story I will not tell here but I live with constant pain that I can rate as a 4 or 5 but the lower lumbar pain is almost a constant 8. The cervical disk are now badly degenerated and stenosis is causing pinching of the spinal cord. The one that is pain free and is terminal is the damage to a micro sized spot in my brain stem that is not repairable. I will die from it at anytime without warning. But hey, nine years have passed and I am still here. I suffer constant nausea and a mild headache from it. I have no sense of taste or smell; no sense of hot or cold. I learned to live with it all. I since come down with acute blood clots in my right leg. VERY painful at times and I have received intravenous doses of Ketamine and sometimes Fentanyl besides my opioid that I take 4 times a day. It is said that I do remarkably well for what ails me. I asked if it will hurt when the brain stem problem takes me out. They have told me I will never know because it will be like a light switch was flipped off. I asked the one neurologist "where does the life(light) go". He just looked at me and said "ever the smart ass this one". LOL. I am going to run out of stories to tell soon so don't worry folks not going to be soaping here as often. Take care Ron. Be safe. Be careful. Be happy! Adieu
Woody,
I cannot imagine a pain worse than a severe case of kidneys stones passing but I've heard back pain and also the pain in the skull when the brain swells and has no place to expand. It is amazing that you have survived what you've gone through and continue to go through with your constant pain. The only pain that I suffer constantly is my arthritis but I rate that on a scale of one to two, something I can definitely live with. If I stand up too long my back pain kicks in for which I take an Advil or Motrin with gives me temporary relief. I usually only have that problem when I'm cooking a recipe that requires me to be on my feet more than a half hour. This is often because I make crescent cookies for bill (which he absolutely loves but is very labor intensive) and my soup recipes and entrees like I made last night chicken, cream and mushrooms in wine.
Talking about a "light switch that goes off", that's what death is like I understand. Just like when you go under anesthesia. You don't even remember going out. That's the way I want to go. I've told Bill that's what it will be like when he passes. Everlasting rest. Makes me wonder though if reincarnation is a real thing. Where does the soul go after our body expires? It goes somewhere, of that I am convinced. Maybe it is dispersed. That's what I thought when I met Pat. I think we were the same entity in the past. We're so similar. Something to think about.
Ron
Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my diabetes and my husband's erectile dysfunctions it's help us a lot and we thank Dr Itua very much on his good deeds to us so reason I have been writing about him on every blog I came across with for people with health issue can relate and get well with Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua can cure Hiv,Herpes,Als,Hepatitis,Cancer,Ms,Menstrual Pain,Parkinson and some other health problem human being can encounter.
Contact him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or visit his herbs store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. Thank you for your love and opened to sharing your knowledge with us all through this blog site. All my love,
Post a Comment