Sunday, February 14, 2016

Musings on a Gray Cold February Sunday

A couple of Valentine guests for the weekend at the hotel last night - nice to see happiness


Only a few more weeks to go folks until the onset of Spring.  Oh yes, this year especially I will appreciate the entry of warmer temperatures and longer days.

Last night I worked at the hotel.  Hotel was full because of Valentine's Day weekend.  I usually don't work weekends so it took a little adjustment to the wants and needs of a hotel full of guests.  My normal shifts are Mondays and Thursdays, 3 PM to 11 PM.  Light workload (usually) folks.  It always takes  little bit of adjustment for me to cope with the weekend crowd and their needs and requests for the best restaurants to dine in town, which most of them are closed for the season. After all, this is Slower Lower Delaware (LSD).

Won't be long now until the crocus bloom and the green spring buds will sprout out on the dormant tree twigs and branches.  And another season begins.  Tell you what folks, I'm thankful I'm still around to enjoy yet another fabulous season.  Especially this time of year when my memories are of my departed friends Wayne and Ed who died this time last year.  

And I continue The Journey . . . . . alone.

11 comments:

  1. Even at my relatively young age of 45, I'm also glad to be around for another year. An old friend from school died recently and I am again reminded of how life can be over so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea,
      I remember when I was 45. Why it was just like yesterday. The years do fly by.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron - another beautiful banner picture. Sorry you are feeling alone.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Actually, not alone am I? I still have a few good friends who are alive and for that I am thankful.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Age brings increased appreciation of life, Ron - at least for those of us not in continual pain - even though it might dull the senses of its perception. As long as the scales are tilted in the right direction, live and enjoy, I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      You are so right about "age brings an increased appreciation of life." I am in continual (physical) pain but not unbearable (except when I'm passing a kidney stone). These days are literally the best of my life even though I am much more physically restricted (I manage). I feel so much more fulfilled each day doing what I want to do rather than working just to survive waiting for "that day" when I can truly enjoy life. "That day" is here now.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. The world knows how a I feel about winter, spring will be here soon. It is wonderful to be feeling relatively well and moving around under our own power as the spring comes this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      Although I am tempted to move to a part of the country where the temperatures are always warm, I would rather live here with the change of seasons. It's snowing now and although that is a annoyance (I have to go to work today), it makes me appreciate spring all that much more. My annual visit to sunny California in January helps me get through the cold, gray, monochromatic days of January and February. I only wish I could stay more. Have to talk to Pat.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Its a rainy day here deep in the Heart of Louisiana.... Spring is sprung....the Swamp Maples flowered this weekend...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ron your never alone ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one is alone, truly.

    ReplyDelete