Yesterday was one of those days I will always remember when I heard historic news.
The historic news yesterday was Donald J. Trump became the first American ex-president to be indicted for criminality.
I was out back in our yard about 5:30 PM laying a wheelbarrow of mulch when I heard my iPhone vibrating in my pocket.
I put my shovel aside and pulled off my garden gloves to pull my iPhone out of my pocket. I saw the call was from my former school classmate and longtime lifetime friend Stuart M. from Boca Raton Florida. The same Stuart who is seriously considering moving from the United States to Denmark to get away from the mess that our country is in now with the cowardly, venal and corrupt Republicans who continue to support and enable The Criminal Trump. Stuart has friends in Denmark and had recently returned from a three month sojourn in Denmark and Europe. He asked me if I wanted to accompany him to New York City to take a picture of former president Trump doing a perp walk. He sensed my puzzlement and then said "You haven't heard? Trump was indicted today."
No, I hadn't heard which surprised him because he knows how I am almost continuously plugged into the news with my Twitter account and TV background noise when I'm in my house (MSNBC, none of that trash Fox News ("Faux") in my house.
I told him I didn't hear but that I was glad to hear this news.
Finally! In my lifetime I'm actually going to live long enough to see The Criminal Trump be held accountable for at least some of his criminality.
Are we a nation of laws or are we not?
Are we a nation where no man (or woman) is above the law?
I was seriously beginning to doubt that concept until yesterday.
Last night, for the first time in a long time I had a very restful and satisfying sleep.
Today the venal and cowardly Republicans who have enabled The Criminal Trump are squealing like stuck pigs. They don't even know what the charges against Trump are but they wailing "Political persecution!" "Banana republic!" "Witch hunt!" They are so craven. So willing to sell their souls to a soulless monster just to stay in power. They all took an oath to the Constitution but apparently the Constitution means nothing to them. Only their selfish quest for power and money fuels their loyalties. They sicken me.
Yesterday will be one of those days when I will always remember where I was when I heard this historic news.
We have a long way to go before a jury passes judgement on The Criminal Trump, who has led a lifetime of crime and almost gotten away with it.
Let the cowardly Republican pigs continue to squeal but I will go to bed tonight with the knowledge that maybe there is hope for our country yet.

1 comment:
This moderate Democrat says Trump destroyed the Republican Party and he is NOT above the law. I wish he had never started his campaign for President in 2015, the country would be much better off. As for Faux, Rupert Murdoch is a born liar too, who I never trusted since he became a US Citizen.
Post a Comment