Monday, March 13, 2023

Oscar Winners 2023


2023 Oscar Winners!


Well, how did you like the Oscar telecast last night? 

I watched most of it but had to leave after about an hour into the show because I can take just so much of the self congratulatory same ole, same ole (thanking the wife and kids and third grade school teachers). I recorded the rest of the show so I could fast forward through that mind numbing rinse and repeat mantras.

I did watch live both supporting actors awards. I was very pleased with all the winners, especially Jamie Lee Curtis and Michelle Yeogh. It's about time for diversity in the Hollywood moving making machine. 

After the put on "record" for the rest of the Oscar telecast, I picked up where I left off watching the Netflix series "You." Pat's friends said they didn't like this series because it was "weird." "Weird" it is but I still found it very watchable. A serial killer book store clerk. Things don't get much weirder than that premise for a TV series. We're a long way from "I Love Lucy" these days.

I figured the major acting awards would be live at 12 midnight. When I turned on the local ABC channel the Oscar telecast wasn't there! What?  It was over? You mean they actually brought in the show under three hours? Yes, they did. Will wonders never cease?

Jimmy Kimmel was a good host. None of the drama this year like last year's The Slap where the grossly overrated Will Smith slapped Oscar host Chis Rock for Rock's lame joke about Will Smith's wife's buzz cut. That was the Slap seen and heard around the world. At first I didn't believe what I saw then I realized Will Smith just showed what a common thug he was under that oh so cool demeanor he had been fooling Hollywood with for over twenty years. I was onto Will Smith and his spoiled family years ago, way before The Slap. Will Smith tried to make one of his spoiled kids a movie star. How's that working out Will? How about your career? Good riddance. The arrogance of what Will Smith did by feeling he had the imperial right to walk on the Oscar stage and assault the host before a billion plus people is unforgivable. 

I'm glad there was no drama last night at the Oscar awards telecast. I'm also glad Hollywood is finally working its way to becoming more diverse in casting all kinds of people in roles and willing to take on new innovative ways of making movies. 

I felt good after watching last night's Oscar telecast. The way we should all feel instead of the way we felt last year, dirty and disgusted.

Keep up the good work Oscar producers, last night was a good start. Still a long way to go though.

No comments:

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...