![]() |
| Casa Tipton-Kelly daffodils 2023 |
Today was a good day. I had two health care appointments scheduled.
The first was Bill's hospice nurse, who comes by once a week. She was scheduled to visit between 11 AM and noon. She came right on time. Which was good because my annual appointment with my cardiologist was scheduled for 1:45 PM.
She came, checked out Bill and left with enough time for me to have some of my homemade black bean soup (I LOVE this soup!) in time before we had to leave for my 1:45 PM appointment.
Today was a beautiful sunny day of a chilly, windy fifty degrees. Daffodils are in full bloom. We needed more good news today. And I got it.
My last visit with my cardiologist showed an aneurism of my aorta vein in my stomach. My doctor told me it had either shrunk or he misread the tests before. Whatever, that was good news.
My heart rate was 110 over 72. Bill heart rate was 90 over 62. Bill has a slower heart rate but it's been steady for a while now. His open leg wound has also completely healed. I attribute that to his increased use of the high protein foods I've been feeding him. Two egg custards a day and I give him is crushed pills in high protein yogurt. Almost overnight the healing of his leg wound noticeable increased.
Looks like we're good for a few more days, weeks, months and I daresay years?
In other news here at Casa Tipton-Kelly, I finished watching the series "Dead To Me" with Christina Applegate. I enjoyed this series although at times the plot line was far fetched but hey, this is entertainment. "It's a movie". Good acting and also bravery by Christina who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis during the filming of "Dead To Me." She was given the option of leaving the series but she decided to finish the series even though she gained forty pounds and had other side effects of her multiple sclerosis. What bravery! I found it fascinating to continue to watch this series knowing the real life health problems Christina was fighting. Tonight I look for a new series to binge on.
I am so happy that I can now stream these series in the Tipton Cinema (my bedroom). I did have a momentary setback though when I got the bill in the mail from the service that set up my home WIFI system so I can stream like "Dead To Me" but I quickly rationalized that $105 an hour that was charged to me (he was here several hours plus the cost of the equipment). Is it me or does everything seem to cost more these days? I go to my favorite local supermarket and pick up a few items and I have a bill of $38. The other day I got a couple extras and had a bill of $60? Thank God I don't have a mortgage.
My online Scrabble games on Facebook aren't coming up again. Playing online Scrabble is one of my main stress reducing activities. This has happened before when the games don't come up. They usually come up again in a week or so. In the meantime I plowed through some of my old e-mails and answered the maintenance requests of my Find A Grave accounts. Not as interesting as playing online Scrabble but something my anal personality needed to address.
Dinnertime now folks! I just got another chicken parmesan takeout from our local fabulous Touch Of Italy restaurant. During the winter they offer half priced specials during the off season. Even at half price the chicken part still costs a hefty $15.95. But I get at least six, sometimes seven meals out of that tasty pie pizza type dish of chicken parmesan. And oh the flavor, delicious!

2 comments:
I am glad it was a good news day from the medical front line for the Tipton-Kelly boys. Eating and enjoying good nutrious food is one of the best medicines there is. But it sure ain't cheap nowadays. Good food never was exactly cheap but in our younger days we just were not as concerned with it the way we are in these troubled times. I try my best to buy healthy foods and to prepare good tasting meals. I find that eating 4 or even 5 small meals a day is healthier for me. The dietitian and nutrionist from the hospital counseled me on healthy eating habits. I learned one thing that I never really ever gave any thought to and that was the question is my body receiving nutrition from the food I eat. You can have been eating what you thought were healthy foods for years but the way you been going about it has been all wrong. My health insurance company at the urging of their visiting nurse studied what foods I had been eating. The result was that I was nearly suffering from malnutrition. Because I have been ordering my groceries online from Kroger for over 4 years there was a very good record of the foodstuffs I have been eating. The results of my medical testing for my ongoing terminal illness and other health risks tell the story of how my body was not using the nutrients that I was consuming. It's that way with vitamins we take daily. If you don't take certain ones with a fat or oil you just pee it right on out of the body. Same with food. I had been complaining about how nauseated I am after eating a meal and having to force myself to eat. The findings where I had been eating a so-called balanced high protein breakfast which I enjoyed preparing and eating and felt the least nauseous after eating it of any of the 3 meals of the day. I told the dietitian that I usually took an hour to eat it. I also felt better and stronger after breakfast. I am going to cut to the important part of this story and that is breakfast was a balanced nutrious meal and my others were not. My meals were too large and it was decided that 4 small meals a day and a 3 AM snack of a piece of multigrain buttered toast and a glass of a protein drink or water. I had told the dietitian that I slept better after the snack when I got up for my 3 AM trip to the bathroom to pee. Seems the snack boosted my metabolism and that was a very good thing. Then by breaking up lunch and dinner into 3 meals boosted my metabolism and was using the nutrients in the food I was consuming. I adjusted the way I was cooking and using ingredients and the results have been good. The medications also were working better and my pain lessened some. So yes I can understand Bill has improved eating a higher protein diet. I am experiencing improvements in my health because of changes to my diet and how I eat the food. I am glad you have changed up Bill's diet. I have Parkinson's and difficulty swallowing but found eating applesauce with the meal helps me swallow and not choke. I also find gravy with the meats help also. Believe it or not but water is the worst for me to drink with a meal. I prefer a mug of coffee or tea. Food and nutrition are very inportant. Now if we can just live out our lives eating well and not bankrupting ourselves in the process we will die happy men. Great photo of you Ron. I would think heads turned when ever you walked into a room. A real hottie me thinks you were! Be careful and safe and most of all be HAPPY! So says Woody from Southwestern Ohio.
The new picture of you in 1982-East Brandywine Township---Smoldering
I see thirst trap pictures creeping into the blog---
Caliente---
Post a Comment