One type of movie I never see are the super hero movies. Why should I go to the movies to see make believe heroes when we can't get any in real life?
I'm talking about our country today. Our country where everybody knows that our former president Donald Trump tried and failed at a coup to overturn the free and fair election.
I'm talking about EVERY Republican save two who support the BIG LIE. Why do they support the BIG LIE? Because they're ALL COWARDS. Yes, no super heroes among that crowd. Except for Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, NOT ONE OF COURAGE.
There are courageous people in our country but they're not in Congress.
I understand how Trump's cult followers believe his BIG LIE. It saddens me that so many hate Democrats and "the libs" so much that they would forsake our country to a malignant evil like Trump.
But one thing that continues to shock me is the absolute cowardice of all those Republicans in Congress who are afraid of Trump. Afraid of losing their jobs. Afraid of telephone death threats from the Trump Thugs. Well, maybe I can understand the death threats.
So here we are folks. President Joe Biden, clearly past his prime, is leading our country. Senator Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema are more concerned about being reelected than doing what is right by our country. Biden, perhaps the worst person to communicate to the American public. Biden, who can't complete a sentence without stumbling over his words. Oh sure, he's a stutterer. Well, I was too but I overcame it. I just think Biden is in cognitive decline.
Then we have the anti-vaxers. You know folks when I joined the Army one of the first things they did was give me FOURTEEN vaccinations. I didn't die. I didn't whine about "losing my rights." For chrissakes babies, you're NOT losing your rights when you get a COVID vaccination. You saving your life and your fellow human beings by not passing the virus.
I have to admit folks, sometimes these days I am just exhausted knowing all this information. The Republicans who are obstructionists and majority of whom believe the BIG LIE from Trump, who they know is a liar. Trump, who has led a lifetime of crime and gotten away with it and will continue to get away with it because the feckless Merrick Garland is our Attorney General. Garland won't hold Trump accountable because he fears being seen as partisan. He doesn't want the reputation that his predecessor Bill Barr has as the president's lawyer. Sad Merrick Garland, can't see past his own nose and see that he is permitting Trump to be above the law.
I feel sorry for young people these days. Dealing with COVID, which will probably be with us forever and the failure of most of our political leaders, of both parties.
My apologies for posting a political post but these feeling have been stirring within me for sometime now and I just had to life the lid on this boiling pot.
The one thing I thought I always had in my life was living in a country that was a true democracy. Where our leaders did the just and fair thing. Those who were evil and broke the law were brought to justice. It so saddens me to realize that real life isn't like that. Trump and his thugs and enablers and the Republicans will continue to get away with destroying our country. I try to get some solace knowing that there are many in our country who are good but unfortunately there are many who are not and they seem to be gaining control. And I despair.
No comments:
Post a Comment