Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Happy Birthday Pat!


Pat isn't big on his birthday celebration


 Today is my good friend and soulmate Pat's 73rd birthday! 

Happy birthday Pat!

Pat came into my life eight years ago through a serendipitous route. 

I always knew I would meet Pat. 

As the song says "Looking for love in all the wrong places" (or something like that). 

Even though I've been with Bill for the past fifty-seven years and will be with him until the end (for either one of us), I was always looking for a "Pat." 

When I met Bill all those years ago and he asked me to move in with him I turned him down initially because I told him "Even though I like you, you're not the one." Bill asked me to move in with him anyway and said I would always have my "freedom" to do what I wanted to do (hang out at the bars, which I did), as long as I was discreet about it. And if nothing else, I am discreet. He also said that if I ever met anyone else he wouldn't "hold me back."

Well, over the years I've met some clunkers and thank God I didn't leave Bill to go with them because all of them would have failed. They didn't love me, it was always one sided. Bill always loved me and in time I grew to love him. That's why I could never leave him now.

When I moved in with Bill it was because he wanted my company and also a move of convenience. He traveled a lot with his job and was gone for months. I could watch his garden two bedroom apartment in Pennsauken New Jersey. Also, I had got a new job at Girard Bank in Philadelphia (a short bus ride from Pennsauken) and could easily commute to my job while I was hanging out at the gay bars looking for Mr. Right. Ironically, many years later I did meet a "Mr. Wright". What an absolute disaster that was but I digress.

To be back to the main purpose of this blog post today. I want to wish my good friend, "little brother", and travel mate Pat a very happy birthday. 

Happy birthday Pat!


Pat (holding guitar on the right) with his band "The Bobcats" back in the day. He was a redhead back then. I wasn't into redheads. Just goes to show you, one never knows who fate works out.


No comments:

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...