Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas 2021

 

Bill and me from a couple weeks ago at the hotel where I used to work. They always have the best Christmas tree. This is our official 2021 Christmas picture!


Merry Christmas to all my longtime and new blogger friends!

Bill and I made it to another Christmas. We are indeed blessed. 

We'll spend a quiet day here at home. Bill and I stopped exchanging presents many years ago but we continued to do Christmas cards. Sadly this year I won't be giving Bill a Christmas card because of his failing eyesight. But I will be spending the day with him, just the two of us which is the way we prefer to spend our Christmas days. 

It was interesting returning from my walk this morning. My widowed neighbor had six cars parked outside his house. Our house just had one car, my Subaru Forester in the garage. If an alien just got off the spaceship they could easily identify where the gay couple lived. Most of us just don't have that extended family. Not complaining, just the way it is. 

The temperature is 56 degrees now. I'll lay a bit of mulch (still working on that mulch pile) and then take Bill for his daily ride, probably just down the end of Oyster Rocks Road to the Broadkill River.

Tomorrow life returns to normal. 

I hope everyone who is reading this blog posting is having a wonderful Christmas, with friends and family or even alone.


4 comments:

Elle Clancy said...

Dear Ron and Bill, Merry Christmas from rainy Ohio! May we all stay safe this holiday season.

Ron said...

Elle,
Thank you Elle. My wishes right back at your for a wonderful New Year.
Ron

Anonymous said...

Ron, I've been reading your blog for sometime. You have blogger friends you don't know about. Best to you and Bill for the new year.
What a nice photo, a keepsake for sure.

Ron said...

Anonymous,
Always good to hear from followers of my blog with encouraging comments like yours. As I've said many times before in my posts, blogging for me is my therapy. I don't go to a therapist (shrink) but I do have "issues" as most of us do. Blogging or writing helps me deal with those issues. From my earliest pen pals days when I was a young teenager to my old age dotage now, writing helps, in more ways than one. Thank you again for your comment. Have a great day!
Ron

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...