Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Trouble Leaving Comments On My Blog




 Recently I've been receiving complaints from longtime blogger friends that they are unable to leave comments on my blog. I'm sorry but I don't have a fix for this problem. As many users of Blogger (Google supported) know, Google doesn't have a Help line. So we're on our own. 

I just went in and changed some of my privacy settings. Hopefully that will correct the problem some of you have been having leaving comments on my blog. 

I've been toying with the idea of abandoning Blogger and going full board with Word Press. However, I am a creature of habit and I've been using Blogger since 2005 and I am reluctant to leave Blogger. That and I find Word Press harder to use and this old (80) brain of mine isn't becoming any more agile. 

So bear with me folks and I'll try and correct this problem. Perhaps the problem is that I haven't been blogging as much as I have in the past years. There were times I was blogging every day and sometimes twice a day. Longtime followers of this blog know that. 

However, if this problem persists I may just go to Word Press. After all I am paying an annual subscription for the privilege of using Word Press. I started a blog over there years ago but I'm ashamed to admit I never kept up with it. And I like the title of this blog "Retired in Delaware". Much to the chagrin of a certain real estate company which would LOVE to have by blog title for their ads.


6 comments:

Travel said...

Merry Christmas!
I was having comment problems a couple of days ago, seems to be working today, some things are beyond us

nitewrit said...

I hav been leaving comments on your blog. I don' think I have had any rubles doing so.

Larry

Jon said...

The problems with Blogger are driving me crazy. Sometimes I can successfully comment on blogs and other times I get "error" messages and my comments disappear. Also, I often can't leave replies to comments on my own blog. I hope these annoying problems will eventually be alleviated - but I'm not optimistic.

My warmest wishes to you and Bill for a peaceful holiday season.

Ron said...

Travel (David),
I went into my Settings and turned off some thing and then turned them on again. I don't know what I did but maybe that fixed the problem some people have been having leaving comments. I was wondering why my commenters disappeared.
Ron

Ron said...

Lar,
I haven't seen any of your comments. I see this one though!
Ron

Ron said...

Jon,
Blogger frustrates me too. Things work then suddenly they don't work. And I haven't done anything differently. I'm glad I received your comment this time though. I wish you have peaceful and comfortable Christmas.
Ron

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...