Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve 2021


Bill and Sparky Christmas 1980

 Here we are again folks, another Christmas Eve. 

Bill and I have nothing planned today. Oh maybe I'll lay a couple of wheelbarrows of mulch (exercise and get that mulch pile down). And of course take Bill for his daily ride to get him (and me) out of the house.

We have nothing planned today other than to just be at home with each other. And that folks is more than I expected.  When Bill had his two strokes this past year on January 12th and 14th, I thought that was it for us. But we're still here, albeit adjusted for the significant change in our daily lives. Now I am the "dad" (caregiver) and Bill is the child. I would have it no other way.

The photo above is of Bill and one of our earlier Pomeranians. His name was "Sparky" and he was Bill's favorite. Sparky spent most of his life at our townhouse in Philadelphia with our other Pom called "Hamburger" (because he liked hamburger). Unfortunately Sparky didn't live too long after we moved to our sylvan paradise on Crawford Road in East Brandywine Township in Pennsylvania from our townhouse in center city Philadelphia. 

At this time of my life I often think about our past experiences. So many good memories. This one of Bill and Sparky getting ready for our 1980 Christmas is one of them.

Have a happy Christmas Eve folks!

2 comments:

VRCooper said...

Merry Christmas Dear!!

Let's talk about those curtains, flip-flops with socks...

Be well!

Victor
XO

Ron said...

Hey Victor!
Of course socks with flip flops. Also with loafers and Crocs. The only time I take my socks off is for showers and when I go to bed. I can't stand to sleep with my socks on.
Have a wonderful Christmas Victor.
Ron

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...