Friday, August 29, 2008

Working Full Time




Hey folks! I'm working full time at the Inn for the next six weeks. I'm filling in for the regular day front desk person who had her baby last night. Thus I continue my work pattern of over 50 years. In 1965, my first job at Girard Bank in Philadelphia, I fill in for the pregnant remittance clerk. She never came back after her baby was born (and I never met her either) and thus, my banking career began. It ended a few years back at another bank, with a whimper. I won't be working at this job for the next fifty years. However, I will be taking some absences from my daily blog postings. Hang in there if you're a regular reader. I'll be back when I can.

2 comments:

  1. What'sa matter? You gettin' old or somethin'?



    Yeah. me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am knocked out! I'm at work now. I don't have to go in until tomorrow at 3 PM (I can sleep late!) Then TWO WHOLE DAYS OFF! Big whoop!

    ReplyDelete