Sunday, April 01, 2018
Happy Daffodils!
Easter, a sure sign that spring is finally here. My daffodils are in full bloom.
As my regular blog followers know, I haven't updated by blog for over a week now. My lame excuse is that I'm "just too busy." Well, I have been busy stamping out the usual campfires.
This past week I've been laying mulch every day. Also, creating stone walls. I love doing this kind of work in my back yard. I find it so relaxing. Only problem now is how much can my body take? I have to ration out my physical exertion. So far I'm doing good.
Yesterday I took a video tour of my daffodil blooms this year. I've always wanted a property in which a profusion of daffodils burst into bloom welcoming spring. Planting all these bulbs in the fall took a lot of effort folks. There were times I thought "Why am I doing this? It is so cold outside". But now that I see the burst of yellow around our almost one acre (.98 acres) I know my effort was well worth it.
Now I have to order more daffodils for planting this fall. Can never have enough daffodils!
Have a wonderful Easter folks!
Note: Just viewed the video I posted. Sorry about all the wind noise. I'll have to figure out how to eliminate that in future videos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My World Is Shrinking
Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953. My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
Sergeant William Kelly, Bamberg Germany, 1951 Bill died at 12:20 AM this morning at the Delaware Hospice Center in Milford, Delaware. I w...
14 comments:
Happy Easter to you and Bill too, Ron. Lovely, happy daffs - like little golden bugles. (Pity that the wind obscures much of your words, but we get the drift.)
It was wonderful to see the daffodils on Easter. All of the blossoms around here have died because of the recent snow, and it doesn't seem like spring at all. Happy Easter to you and Bill!
daffodils remain my favorite; I hope to die in spring to have some go with me.
Beautiful!
Don't edit out the wind noise, it's part of the local charm!
The daffodils are beautiful.
I love daffodils! What kind of trees are in the back with daffodils in between. Do you have anything in the planters, waiting to come up? How many acres are there? Sorry to be so nosy. Do you grow anything edible. Take it easy so you can go out and work on it again. There is nothing gained by hurting oneself and having to rest up. Thanks for the video of your daffodils.
Ray,
I didn't realize how loud that wind was when I made the recording. It's almost always very windy here. I guess I've gotten used to it. I too love daffodils. Harbingers of spring.
Ron
Jon,
I LOVE daffodils! I can never have enough. I plan to plant even more this autumn. By the way, have you ever read Sara Davidson's biography of Rock Hudson? I found that book at a thrift store last month. It's one of the best movie star biographies I've ever read. Lots of info on Rock and the gay life back then in his heyday.
Ron
I would sorely miss daffodils if I ever retired to Palm Springs. This is the first year I have a profusion of daffodils on our acre of land. I plan to plant many more this fall. Can never have enough daffodils!
Ron
Angie,
Can never have enough daffodils!
Ron
Thanks Mike! I felt bad when I replayed the video and heard all that wind. You're right though, it is part of the "local charm." We sure do get a lot of wind around here don't we?
Ron
Practical Parsimony,
Those trees are river birches. I love river birches. I also have tulips coming up in the planters. I grow herbs and parsley in the summertime. Also, a couple of tomato plants. Love fresh tomatoes. We have .98 acres of land here. I will also need some land to work on. Speaking of which, I should go out and do some yard work now.
Ron
Yes, Ron - I have a paperback copy of Sara Davidson's bio of Rock. It is really good and she was able to do a few interviews with him before he died.
Jon,
I was going to send you that book when I was done but I had a suspicion that you had already read it. It is good isn't it? I'm going to try and visit "The Castle"the next time Pat and I are in Hollywood. I was pleasantly surprised at how good Sara Davidson's book was. Usually the biographies are self serving and mostly technical about the films the star has made. This one gets into real life, which I like. I want to know about the person and the people around him or her.
Ron
Post a Comment