Wednesday, April 25, 2018

"The Price is Right!"


Me and Pat practicing wining! We're ready!

Just a reminder folks, tomorrow is the day Pat and I will appear in the audience on "The Price is Right!"

Pat and I taped the show when we were in California last February during our annual Get Away From The Cold Weather vacation. 

This was our four taping of "The Price is Right!" Last year we attended two shows, they were short of an audience for the second show and they asked for volunteers. We volunteered.  

We have yet to be called to "Come on down!" but we know people who have been called.  Two years in a row people we talked to right next to us in line were called to "Come on down!"  I doubt if we'll ever be called but it attending the show is a lot of fun. The staff at "The Price is Right" have a such a smooth operation you hardly know you've been standing in line for four hours until they usher you in the building for the taping. 

Oh I know we're being used like clapping seals in the audience but it's all good fun. With all that is going on in the world, what a nice interlude from the bad news and stresses of the day. 

Look for us in the back row in black T-shirts. We always have custom made T-shirts when we attend the show, apparently to little avail. Maybe next year we'll just go in our street clothes. I'm pretty sure they determine who they call as a result of the interviews they take while we're waiting in line outside. Maybe Pat and I aren't that interesting. Or maybe they know I can't jump.  I was so hoping they would call Pat. That would be the highlight of my life, maybe next year.

Remember to watch for us tomorrow!






6 comments:

Deedles said...

Thanks for the reminder, Ron. I don't watch the show on a regular basis. Way too much screaming for me. Same with Wheel of Fortune. Why do these contestants have to scream at the top of their lungs? They have microphones for crying out loud! I'll stick with Jeopardy. I do remember watching the Price is Right with my grandmother back in the day when Bill Cullen was the host. Being a kid, it all went over my head, but quality time with Mama (my grandmother was Mama, my mother was Mommy)before she was drunk was always fun. Who knows, maybe one day one of you will get to "come on down!"

Raybeard said...

If I didn't know you two better, from the top photo I might have written you off as a couple of empty-headed, uneducated and unsophisticated couch potatoes! But, thankfully, I DO know both of you better - and you're anything but that. If it's F-U-N you're after, go for it!

Jon said...

Unfortunately I no longer have a TV, so I'll have to miss the show. But the photos are great and I love the T shirts. I also like the header photo with you and the kitty.

Ron said...

Jon,
You're not missing much on TV. I only watch "Judge Judy" and the cable news shows. I pay too much for that "privilege." I loved that little orange kitten. He was called "Gindy". He disappeared shortly after this photo was taken. I never knew what happened to him.
Ron

Ron said...

Ray,
We are everything you described! That's us! But we did have F-U-N.
Ron

Ron said...

Deedles,
I suspect I don't get called because I can't scream or jump up and down. I literally cannot scream, never could. I can holler loud. I can't take the chance of jumping up and down lest I dislocate one of my knees again.Still, I haven't given up hope of being called to "come on down!"
Ron

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...