This spring I am again reminded of the first Bloggerpalooza that was held in Lewes, Delaware back in 2013. Hard to believe that it was only five years ago.
We had another Bloggerpalooza the following year in 2014. Haven't had one since then unfortunately. I'm not sure if we will ever have another blogger reunion like this in Lewes again but we do have our memories recorded in video and photos.
![]() |
| Me dominating the conversation (as usual) with The Cajun and Dr. Spo, David Jeffreys, and others - 2013 |
This video is of the surprise visit we made to Wayne "The Cajun" Juneau at his place of employment, the Dos Locas restaurant in Rehoboth Beach. I did not warn Wayne that we would be descending on his popular restaurant on that fine spring Saturday afternoon for lunch. Wayne, the professional that he always was, accommodated us with grace and dignity.
Wayne is gone now, he passed away the following year but he has left his indelible mark. Wayne is the reason I met Dr. Spo and his coterie, one of the best friendships of my life.
This is for you Wayne.
![]() |
| Wayne "The Cajun" Juneau in his Dr. Spo shirt - 2013 at the Bloggerpalooza |


6 comments:
I wore that shirt last weekend; whenever I wear it I think of Wayne.
Wayne was a wonderful person. He had his "issues" as we all do, but he was unique. Never to be replaced. So sad that he ended his life alone. More proof that sometimes life is just unfair. All Wayne wanted was a hug and someone to love and be loved.
Yes, even though very distant in miles, my brief blogging acquaintance with Wayne brings up memories and thoughts of what might have been. In a far more modest way than those who actually knew him in person, I too miss him still.
Like you, Ron, I regret that the Bloggerpalooza didn't turn into the regular event it had been hoped, even if it had been only every two or three years. If I'd had the resources I'd love to have joined in.
Ray,
One of my big regrets is that good folks like you never met in person Wayne ("The Cajun"). I know that both of you would have hit it off famously. By the way, the reason there aren't any more Bloogerpaloozas is because it's too costly for me. The attendance fell of during the succeeding year. I had the same experience with my family reunions. I stopped having them because of the time and expense fall off in attendance. It's a shame but a fact of life. I'm glad I was able to do those two Boggerpaloozas though.
Ron
It's a great pity, though perfectly understandable, about the (temporary?) cessation of the 'Paloozas'. But if it's a struggle for whatever reason, it rather takes the shine off it.
I'm haunted by the photo I once saw of the young and bearded Wayne. My God, he was a hottie! - just the style I went overboard for (and still do, though of course it's only in the mind now).
Ray,
No more Bloogerpaloozas for me but I have fond memories forever of the ones I had.
Ron
Post a Comment