![]() |
| Dr. Spo, me and Doug at Nectar in Lewes, DE at last Bloogerpalooza - 2014 - we will meet again next week! |
Not long now folks!
This Sunday my friends Mike and Bob are taking me to Philly International Airport for my 10:30 am flight to Los Angeles. Pat is flying down from Toronto to Philly and I'll meet him there.
Again this year we'll be attending a taping of "The Price is Right" TV show in West Hollywood. This will be our fourth taping. We had two tapings last year. Maybe this time one of us will called to "Come on down!" I would LOVE to see George the Announcer call Pat. Oh what I wouldn't give for that.
We'll be in California for two weeks.
The first three days in West Hollywood at our regular haunts.
The next week we take the two hour drive to Palm Springs for Midcentury Modern Architectural Week. While in Palm Springs we will have a reunion with Dr. Spo and Someone at their luxurious accommodations at Inndulge. Pat and I will be staying at more modest accommodations.
Other friends that will join us in Palm Springs are Doug and Leon, Tim and Larry, and "Fearsome Beard" (aka Shawn). For sure good times in store with these fine lads.
![]() |
| Saying "Goodbye" to Doug the last time I saw him at the 2014 Bloogerpalooza |
I've just about settled on my California wardrobe. Each year I take too many clothes, which I don't wear. But again I'm having a hard time decided what to take. Since I am reuniting with Dr. Spo, he of the custom made Hawaiian shirts, I will definitely have to take at least one of his shirts, lest there be talk. However, I have also decided to take a couple of my shirts that haven't been out of my closet for years. One of my beautiful silk shirts will make its debut in Palm Springs.
This is nice time of my life folks. I don't know how much longer I can make these trips with my health issues (arthritis mainly) but for now, I'm having the best time of my life. And I'm going to take a break from the news!
![]() |
| Me and Someone - Milton, DE 2014 |



19 comments:
Wow, I can't believe that it's February already! The Land of the Annual Wildfires welcomes you! May you have fun and may one of you "come on down!"
Have a great time - hoping you get called up on The Price Is Right.
Melissa
For a daily walk in Palm Springs. Google Frontrunners. They meet for a morning walk of 1, 2, 3 or more miles depending on you desire and many stay for a coffee afterwards. Great way to meet men who are
there for the season or a vacation, Very friendly. Well worth a look
Pat
It's happy times just ahead - with a little re-living to do.
Btw: Does 'Someone' prefer to be known as Doug? I know it's an awfully long time since he last blogged, but on the odd occasions when I've e-mailed him in response to something he's written I've always addressed him as 'David' and he hasn't corrected me. If it should be Doug then Doug it is!
Have a great trip,
Sounds like a great trip.
JP
Wow! Only a few more days and you'll be off to my favorite old haunt! I'm excited for you (and Pat). I hope you'll send some California warmth my way, because lately I've been freezing my ass off. Take care and have fun.
You might enjoy the frontrunners
palm springs group. Morning walks of 70 to 100 people.Great way to meet locals and vacationers from all over
Not long now Deedles! Two more days!
Ron
Melissa,
It would be great if I or Pat were called to "Come on down!" at the Price is Right. But even if we aren't, it's still fun to go to the show and see the taping. It's like a party. This will be our fourth taping. And it's all free! And We do get to be on TV even if we are just in the audience. Always fun!
Ron
Pat,
I can't walk great distances like I used to but I'll give this a try. Sounds like fun.
Ron
Ray,
"Someone" is David. Doug is a totally different person. Both super guys but totally different. I like both them a lot but I never hear from them. But when I'm with them they're both very friendly and a lot of fun. They have that dry sense of humor which I love.
Ron
Thank you David! Here we go, another plane trip which is always the most stressful part of these trips for me. Hope this one goes smoother than my most recent trips, which have all had a glitch or two.
Ron
Our trips to California are wonderful and this one I have no doubt will also be super. Pat is the one who makes all this possible. Who would've thought and Old Gay Guy like me would be having this much fun in my twilight years? This is great!
Ron
Jon,
Looking forward to the warm California sun and to get away from this continual cold. Maybe someday you'll make a trip back to your former haunts and give us a tour. That would be super!
Ron
We'll check that out. Thanks for the tip!
Ron
Ron - looks like I'm getting away just as some snow is piling up. Good as long as it's not on the plane's wings. See you in Philly Sunday!!
Pat
Oh dear - I was afraid I'd be making an idiot of myself. The less said any more on the subject the better, though thanks for the clarification.
See you in Philly Pat! Yet another Ron and Pat Adventure.
Ron
Post a Comment