Friday, February 02, 2018

Go Eagles!

My co-workers Christine and Renee at First Financial Bank February 4, 2005, the last time the Philadelphia Eagles went to the Super Bowl - unfortunately they lost but not this time!


Super Bowl Sunday folks!

I don't usually watch the Super Bowl but I will this Sunday.  That's because the Philadelphia Eagles are in it. 

The last time I was this excited about the Eagles being in the Super Bowl was in 2005 when I worked at First Financial Bank in Downingtown. 

Somewhere in my 90,000 plus photos I have a picture of myself in my Eagles shirt but I can't find it now so this one will have to do of my friends Renee and Christine.

Folks, I'm convinced that the Eagles are going to win this Super Bowl. As a former resident of center city Philly, I wish I was there when the celebrations commence.

I was in Philly when the Philadelphia Flyers won the Stanley Cup.  Yep, I was right in the middle of it.

I was also living in Center City Philly when the Philadelphia Phillies won the World Series in 1980. What a night that was!  You could feel the electric energy flowing though you.

Unfortunately I won't be in center city Philly when the Eagles win the Super Bowl but I tell you what folks, my heart will be there.  

And this victory will be sweet because the Eagles (of course) are the underdogs. Philadelphia is almost always the underdog. Well, this time they're going to win and wipe that smirk right off the face of the Patriot's self-satisfied quarterback, Tom Brady.

Fly Eagles!


4 comments:

Elle Clancy said...

As a transplanted East Coaster, I wish I could cheer for the Eagles. But after Michael Vick, never. Jeff Lurie is a hack, pure and simple. And nobody likes the Patriots outside of New England.

I was, and will remain always, a Flyers fan, however. A treasured keepsake from those days: a bumper sticker in my office that says "Only God Saves More Than Bernie Parent."

Ron said...

Elle,
I also have a BIG problem with the Eagles hiring Michael Vick. How could they? Is money more important that what he did? Still, I am an Eagles fan because they represent Philadelphia, a city I lived in for many years (25) and will probably eventually hobble into retirement when I can no longer get around here in suburbia (Delaware).
Ron

Ur-spo said...

Has it started already?

Jane Karwat said...

I am cheering for the eagles!

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...