Thursday, March 24, 2016

The 45's 60's Band of Toronto Canada



Yesterday I was talking to my former boss and long time friend Bill P. on the phone.  Bill lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania now.  For many years in the late 60's, 70's and 80's we worked together at Girard Bank (now Mellon bank) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Bill is a longtime fan of doc-wop music from the Fifties.  He's also a classic (50's) car fan.  I mentioned to him that my new friend Pat (you all know "Pat" from Toronto, Canada, my Travel Buddy and soul brother) plays part-time in a band called "The 45's". See HERE. They play music from the 60's.

Pat's been playing his whole life.  Here is an early band album cover of Pat and his band.

Pat, in the foreground on the right holding the CD and his band
After I told Bill about Pat (who I hope I can introduce to each other some day, I love to have friends from different parts of my life intersect), Bill had asked if he could see on You Tube Pat's band.  Bill's son also plays in a band of "old guys."  

At the beginning of this blog post is what I found on You Tube this morning.  First time I've seen it!  

I had a little difficulty finding a video of "The 45's" because, apparently there is more than one group called "The 45's".  Somebody didn't copyright the name (fellas).  Maybe they should have called their band "Five Naked Ladies."  But wait, there is already a band by that name isn't there?  And actually that is a Canadian band too, isn't it?

So folks, for your listening pleasure here is my friend Pat's band, The 45's.

8 comments:

  1. Nice cover of the classic Gary and the Playboys tune! (Gary is Jerry Lewis' son.)

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,
      I wish I was in a band. I was in high school, marching band.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,

    Much better sound system in the bar where they are playing on the second video. Now my question to you is, what the heck is Doc-Wop music?

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      You don't know "Doc-Wop" music? Where HAVE you been? (smile)
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Hey Ron - thanks for providing me with my Andy Warhol's 15 minutes of fame. That early video was when we were first starting up and auditioned the guitarist in the foreground. He is very capable but it wasn't a match. The live shot with yellow jackets was taken last year at one of our regular venues - my dentist and his wife came to see us which was really nice and filmed us on my iPhone. The demos on our website turned out pretty good and that's what generally got us some gigs. It's a lot of fun - getting together and practicing frequently and then getting to play for an audience and actually getting paid. Thanks Ron for the notoriety.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I'm looking forward to the day when I can hear your band in person. You can be sure I'll have my iPhone ready to video that performance!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of their band. It really brings back the 60's for me.

    And I always like Pat's gracious humility. It's refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      You're wording about Pat describes Pat perfectly: "gracious humility." Pat is a very kind, thoughtful, considerate man. Also very smart, funny and helpful. I am very lucky to have found him. He is a treasure.
      Ron

      Delete