What a job this is! This morning I transferred more old 8mm film that was transferred to a VHS tape and now I'm transferring those images to a DVD format. I think I'm getting better at this.
One thing, it is time consuming and I have so many VHS tapes to transfer. I hope I live long enough.
|Me in Quebec, Canada - 1967|
Another thing, much of the content is boring to the casual viewer. What was I thinking taking film of water? And I thought my father was bad taking film of the sky. Well, at least I have film of people, including me (of course), which is now very interesting to look at. I moved that fast? Wow. Now I can hardly get a smooth stride going. I'm getting the Old Man Walk. Not the "Shuffle" mind you but that hesitant walk that portends falling down, which I never want to do again.
|Me coming out of the surf at Ocean City, New Jersey. The first and last time I was ever in Ocean City, New Jersey. Too many lifeguards blowing their whistles|
So here goes, I'm posting this portion of the old 8mm film that I copied to DVD this morning. By the way, I forgot how I uploaded it to You Tube so I had to figure that out all over again. The brain is going folks. Going, going, GONE!
I've reviewed this DVD and only Part 1 has uploaded to You Tube which is just as well. The whole DVD is about an hour long and folks, you'll have to admit that watching "home movies" that long would even bore the pants off of the person who took the home movies (that would be me). So I'm only going to subject you to fifteen minute increments.
|My niece Karen Tipton with a cat - I don't think Karen has ever seen this video. Karen is 53 years old now and has a grown daughter. Time flies. Karen is to the left with her brother (my only nephew, Isaac, III and her sister Dawn)|
- Ottawa, Canada - changing of the guard -1967
- Niagara Falls, Canadian side - 1967
- Cheswick Square Apartment, Roxborough, Philadelphia, PA - me at the apartment pool - check out my doofus diving (I can't dive)
- My father's "farm". My brother Isaac takes a puppy out. "Pop" had pigs, chickens, ducks and even a goat.
- My niece Karen Tipton with an orange cat whose name I can't remember.
- Valley Forge, PA. I apologize for the long, boring scenic shots. They don't mean anything now except if those fields are filled with high rise apartments now which hasn't happened yet at Valley Forge State park but could very easily happen in the future with the King of Prussia megapolis creeping around the edges of the park.
- Our Pomeranian dogs "Horace" (the orange one - male) and "T" (short for "Tiffany") romping around at our new house in East Brandywine Township, Downingtown, Pennsylvania.
|Who is this hunk? Why it's me! Actually, I wasn't too bad looking back In The Day was I? Shame I didn't realize it at the time.|