Thursday, March 17, 2016

Good Morning Sunshine


Oh my, yet another gorgeous spring day here in southern Delaware! 

I'm loving this folks!  It's days like that that one feels grateful to be alive, in good health, with friends, nice home, not hungry and warm.  Just lovely folks, just so lovely.

With all the bad news in the world isn't it wonderful just to take time out and enjoy The Moment?

Yesterday I hit my favorite local nursery again yesterday and bought even more daffodils.  Oh yes I did.  One can never have too many daffodils, that cherry harbinger of spring and happy days to come.  


A garter snake I found at Pepper's whilst I was perusing the plants - oh yes, I almost peed myself

I've made it through another winter cold spell.  Thankfully this winter wasn't too brutal and even more thankfully I didn't fall and injure my leg or any other body parts like my hip or arm from bracing a fall.  I had a couple of close calls but no accidents.  And wonder of all wonders, I didn't even get a cold this winter. Maybe those flu shots work after all.  

Well folks, I'm off to work again today.  The hotel renovation is almost completed.  We'll be ready for the seasonal onslaught of guests to our spectacular, water view upscale boutique hotel in the smack dab center of Lewes, Delaware.  Come on down!


Best boutique hotel in Delaware

Yesterday I finalized my reservations for a three day stay in Philly at the end of this month.  I'll be staying in the guest suite of my friend Don McK.'s co-op on Walnut Street.  Spring will be popping (I hope) in Philly plus I'll get to spend more time with Don.  In may I'll be returning to Philly to meet my Canadian Travel Buddy Pat.  We'll spend a week in Philly and a few days down here in LSD (Lower Slower Delaware) before the hordes of summertime tourists descend upon us and make the roads impassable. 


Philadelphia, PA - one very COOL city! My "Goldilocks" city; not too big and not too small . . . . just right!

I hope all of you have a bright, cheerful daffodil day!

11 comments:

  1. Our back yard is bursting with blooming Azaleas, Ranunculus, Freeai, and our beautiful Wisteria, and of course the Nasturtiums, the tend to grow all the time. I should try some Daffodils nest year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,
      Daffodils are so easy to grow and such wonderful harbingers of spring. I can never have enough. I like your mix of plants too. I used to have that mix when we lived in Pennsylvania. I started out from scratch here. I should add those to my "mix" here.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Oh, I do so envy you with your weather, Ron. I don't think we've yet had a day this year where our temps have touched even 50 - and in the 10-day forecast there's no respite right into Easter w/e. Most days there's a raw, chilly wind keeping the eastern half of these isles shivering. Fancy a swap? No, thought not.
    Still, must come to an end sometime - ours, I mean, not yours.
    Do have some good Philly phun - and I shouldn't be too surprised if you come back home with a tan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Another spectacular spring day here in southern Delaware. I'm just getting ready now to go out for my second walk of the day. We had a fairly mild winter, thank goodness. Hope your spring comes soon!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Still watching the snow melt out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jono,
      Believe it or not more snow is forecast for this weekend! Hopefully that forecast is wrong.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron - your daffodils look great. Swaying in the breeze over a sea of green. And you are so right describing Philadelphia - good city - not too big not too small.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Love the daffodils and LOVE Philly!
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Garner snake or not I would have had a stroke. With only a patio I spent the afternoon still wandering the aisles of a Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,
      I have to admit that that garter snake gave me quite a start too. I like snacks but I've never touched one in my life nor has one touched me. I would like to keep it that way.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. The daffodils, the hotel, even the wise serpent all look good !

    ReplyDelete