Sunday, November 09, 2008

Happy Birthday!



November 9, 1941 at approximately 9:30 A.M. Sunday morning a baby boy was born to 21 year old Isaac Walter Tipton and 17 year old Betty Louise Hadfield Tipton at the Chester County Hospital in West Chester, Pennsylvania. This child was this young couple's first child. Another son was born April 8, 1943, and June 10, 1944. The birth was difficult. Forceps had to be used to pull the baby out. Once the baby was out, its head was covered in blood. The forceps had cut to the bone of the baby's right eye socket. A millimeter of an inch more and the baby would have lost its right eye. Thus, I used the first of my nine lives, barely 10 minutes into this world. Yes, that baby was me. The person who is writing this blog. Sixty seven years later it is safe to say that baby has had quite an adventure. He has made a few waves along the way. He has angered a few people and, hopefully, enriched the lives of many more. Now that baby is comfortably into his retirement years. He is looking back over his life, with few regrets I might add. Shortly he will go out with friends at a local eatery in Rehoboth Beach to celebrate this momentous occasion. The picture fetured on this blog was taken early this morning of the establishment where I work in Lewes, Delaware. A later posting will show where I celebrated my birthday. All is well in the world of this birthday boy. I have much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment