Wednesday, January 01, 2020
Week In Philadelphia
Here is a short video compilation of our week in Philadelphia. We always have a grand time.
"Clarence" drives me up from my home in southern Delaware, over two hours away. I meet Pat at the Barnes and Nobel book store after he has taken an overnight bus trip from his home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Thus we began another wonderful week in Philly, staying in the guest suite of our friend Don McK's cooperative at 21st and Chestnut Streets, right in the heart of the vibrant center city Philadelphia life.
For this trip Pat rented a car and we took a drive out to visit my brother in Downingtown which included a visit to my old (tiny) bedroom at the family home where my brother now lives. Then we got on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and drove out to Hershey Pennsylvania to visit the antique car museum.
The rest of our all too short week in Philly, we patronized some of our favorite restaurants like the Marathon Grill (both of them), Hip Veg City, Green Eggs Cafe (Pat loves their scrambled tofu) and the Cheesecake Factory. On every trip we visit a new restaurant (or two). This time we went to an authentic South Philadelphia Italian restaurant called Ralph's Italian Restaurant. When we were there we discovered Ralph's is the oldest Italian restaurant in the United States. This restaurant has been patronized by such celebrities such as Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and yes, even Taylor Swift. By the way, we had a fabulous Italian meal.
I also took time to help our friend buy a new iPhone and help him with any questions he had about his iMac.
Pat and I visit Philly twice a year, once in the spring and another time in the winter. We love Philly. I'm going to try and talk Pat into visiting more often next year. Time is getting short.
On my ride back I had a new driver, "Maria" with her girlfriend "Sunshine." My regular driver was with his family for Christmas in Virginia.
Nest trip, sunny Palm Springs in February. We're living the dreams folks. I'm so glad I can relieve these memories via these video compilations. I love taking the videos and pictures and creating them. Enjoy!
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let Them Eat Cake!
Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
Sergeant William Kelly, Bamberg Germany, 1951 Bill died at 12:20 AM this morning at the Delaware Hospice Center in Milford, Delaware. I w...
12 comments:
I love your videos and pictures. You do have lots of fun.
Practical Parsimony,
Thank you for your kind and generous compliment. I love taking photos and videos and when I get together with Pat, we always have a good time. Now if I can just get him to take more photos and videos with his iPhone, maybe I'll be in more of the videos and photos!
Ron
Loved the video.....
You have a fine time in PA; good for you!
Tommy,
I love taking photos and videos of our trips and putting them together in a video. I know sometimes I'm annoying with always whipping out my iPhone to take a video or photo but these snippets make a good memory video. This way I get to relive the trip all over again!
Ron
Ur-spo,
Pat and I always have a good time wherever we go, especially in Philadelphia when we get together with my former coworker and friend Don. Looking forward to many more such adventures in Philly!
Ron
Across the street from Green Eggs is Victors cafe. Wonderful Italian food with opera singing by the wait staff!
Can’t wait to hear about your Palm Springs trip- my favorite travel destination.
Karen,
Thanks for the tip! I have heard of that restaurant but didn't know where it was. We will definitely check it ou the next time we're in Philly. I LOVE Italian food. It would be interesting to go to one with opera singing although Pat has indicated he's not too thrilled with that aspect. I would like to experience it just once though. Thanks again for the information.
Ron
Dave,
Just a few short weeks until our Palm Springs winter holiday. We both love Palm Springs, especially Modernism Week. We both like the Fifties architecture style. Plenty of photos and videos will be taken with my iPhone!
Ron
You two are so much fun! Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous,
We do have fun when we're together. Thanks for your comment.
Ron
Post a Comment