Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Dog Poop On The Stairs
The last week has been somewhat hectic. On Sunday my dear (next door) neighbor Barbara died.
Monday my boss asked I could work two extra nights this week at work to fill in for my co-worker who has the flu.
Also on Monday my HVAC service company did its annual inspection. And of course, just like a car dealership they found a potential, expensive problem that should be addressed. I addressed it $.
Yesterday my Computer Guy (expensive) came in to try and solve my Time Machine backup problem on my iMac. After many hours on the phone with Apple Support I still can't get my Time Machine to work (I suspect the new Apple operating system Catalina is the culprit.) He could fix it either.
This morning I took Bill down to the Georgetown VA for the results of his labs. The labs were good but Bill is still upset about losing his sight to macular degeneration. He wants it fixed. I don't think it can be fixed but I agreed to make an appointment for him at the Wilmington VA (89 miles away, requires a ride up in the American Legion van - shoots the morning). I don't think their eye clinic will make a difference but if this puts Bill's mind at ease, it's worth the trip.
When we returned today I noticed brown smudge marks on the carpeted stairs to the second floor bathroom that Bill prefers to use. Upon closer examination I determined this was dog poop. Probably my neighbor's (our neighbor on the other side) dog. I checked Bill's moccasin and sure enough, there was the same mocha colored dog poop embedded in the front sole of his right shoe. Poor Bill, he just can't see.
We take our shoes off when we enter our house. But Bill doesn't always take his shoes (moccasins) off when he goes outside to check the mail. He knows I want him to take his moccasins off and put on his outside shoes but he often doesn't do this when I'm not looking.
I hate berating him when he does this because it upsets him so much but folks, I have to tell you, I am exhausted.
I called my carpet cleaning company an arranged for them to come out next week to clean the stairs and where ever else I think Bill tracked this dog poop through our carpeted house.
After I did that I had lunch and tried to take a nap but to no avail. I knew I was going to an afternoon viewing of my neighbor on the way to work.
I took a shower, dressed and left early for work, stopping by the funeral home first to pay my respects. I hate these viewings because I always get so emotional. I try very hard not to be a blubbering fool.
Of course the service was beautiful. My neighbor Barbara would approve. I paid my respects to some of her friends and her husband, barely able not to breakdown in sobs.
As I opened the front door of the funeral home to return to my car, the January sun washed over me. Barb would be so pleased that the day her family and friends paid their respects, the weather was perfect. Barb so loved this coastal area. Not for her a gray, cold, rainy day for her service.
Now for tomorrow. One more day of work then I can start preparing for my trip a week from this Sunday to sunny Palm Springs. Of course this weekend I have to live through knowing dog poop is on our beautifully carpeted steps upstairs. I've already covered each "smudge" with a Bounty paper towel. It helps but I know they'll be there until next Tuesday when, hopefully, they'll get steamed out.
I'm ready to coast for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let Them Eat Cake!
Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...

6 comments:
At first, I thought you had a dog pooping on your stairs. I hate dog poop walked inside. Even a person who can see can step in dog poop unawares.
My mom developed wet macular degeneration a few years ago. She endured shots directly into her eye about every 4-6 weeks. It was amazing how much it helped. However, here vision wasn't as far gone as what Bill's is (from what I gather). I hope that the doctors can come up with a plan to help Bill retain what vision he has and possible improve it!
Practical Parsimony,
In fact I almost walked in dog poop about by my oval planter. Just missed it by inches. But what I want Bill to do is change his shoes when he walks outside. He's doing that now. At least keep the dog poop in the garage.
Ron
ladybug,
Bill was offered the option to get shots in his eyes but he doesn't want to do that. I don't blame him. I made an appointment for him with the eye clinic at the Wilmington VA. Maybe they can help him but if they can't, at least he has a second opinion and we'll just deal with his vision loss. At least he is healthy in so many other ways, doe which we're both thankful.
Ron
macular degeneration does not get better, alas.
good luck
Ur-spo,
Bill still hasn't quite accepted that his eyesight can't be corrected. Too calm him down I made an appointment with the VA facility in Wilmington so he can get a second opinion. I doubt if they can help him but at least it may put his mind more at rest. He's convinced the the "regular" eye doctors are just out to get our money. Poor Bill, I feel so sorry for him. He says losing his sight is about the worst thing that could happen to him.
Ron
Post a Comment