![]() |
| My cool Canadian husband |
I have some great news that I'm going to share with my faithful blog followers today.
Pat has decided to move down here with me in Delaware!
He decided all on his own without any pressure from me. I was totally prepared to have a distance relationship. I know how much he loves his home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I also know he loves Palm Springs.
Over the past year we have discussed what path to take to get him to Palm Springs. As you know I made a mistake and went through the K-1 VISA application process, not knowing that once he got to the Canadian-American border that he would be told he couldn't go back. Not forever, but at least sixty days.
We were hesitant to apply for the other VISA that would allow him to travel freely between the U S and Canada. That VISA application would be even more expensive to both of us and accomplish what? Nothing, that's what. So Pat is going to use his K-1 VISA application forms when he visits me this coming March.
He's going to sell his house in Hamilton, even though the market is poor now. He was going to wait but the housing market in Canada could take years to recover. In the meantime I could be dead.
I am so relieved. Not only do I need help now, I am very lonely in my home now. Oh I know I was looking forward to the freedom of living alone, but I'm finding I'm just lonely. Of course Pat and I living together will take some adjustment but we both agree we can handle that minor inconvenience.
I am so happy right now!

8 comments:
That's wonderful news, Ron! It will be a comfort knowing that Pat will be with you. I only hope he can sell his home quickly. It took nearly four years to sell my house in Texas - - but it was in a tiny town, where nobody in that area had any money. I have a positive feeling that Pat will soon move to Delaware.
Good to hear.
Jon,
Thank you for your good wishes. The big hurdle now is how much will he have to pay for private health insurance. Right now he's paying that much for a mortgage or more. He can afford that and I would rather him put that money into paying for private health insurance than wasting it in mortgage interest and. he can be with me and we can enjoy whatever years we have left living together. By the way, he doesn't feel that same way I do about Trump but that doesn't stop our love for one another. We don't get into arguments about it. I respect his views as he does mine. We just disagree. He's such more conservative than I am. I'm one of those raging liberal lunatic scum (smile).
I hope you're doing well Jon, or as well as can be under your circumstances. I know, it's tough.
Ron
P.S..
I don't think he'll have trouble selling his house. He has a very desirable location in downtown Hamilton. And his home is perfection. He does have a squatters living right next door to him though who are drug dealers. That will probably pose a significant problem, or maybe not. We shall see.
Yes, great news! I do get lonely living alone. This is a "Be careful what you wish for" scenario for me. I always wanted to live alone and now I am but this is lonely. I'll take the "inconvenience" of living with somebody over being alone. Especially at this time of my life.
Ron
Congratulations! I'm a dual citizen, though being a Canadian married to an American. I understand the inconvenience when traveling
Hi Harry,
Thanks for your comment Harry. I have a question for you, how did you handle your health insurance when you moved to the U.S.? Any recommendations you would care to share as to which health insurance company to use?
Ron
Very good news - Thank you Pat
So, I had a job initially. I’ve either been on my work’s health insurance, or my husband’s since then.
We are both getting close to retirement and see how pricey health insurance is.
Post a Comment