Friday, January 23, 2026

Jan 22 Over the Years - Snow Is Coming!


The warnings are out! 

Winter storm watch this weekend here in lower slower Delaware.

This is a short video compilation of past winter storms that happened on January 22nd of previous years here in Sussex County Delaware.

Pictured are me with my late friends Bart, Bob and Jim and their cats. Also, my former boss at the hotel where I used to work including a picture of the hotel room where I stayed overnight because of the snowstorm. That's one of the advantages of working at a hotel, when you're snowed in you have a place to stay!

Stay safe this weekend folks wherever you are. Watch out for the ICE, both kinds. And yes ICE is here in my area although I haven't seen them....yet.
I probably will because I live near Georgetown, which is the county seat of Sussex County and Georgetown has more folks of the Hispanic heritage than they do the standard white folks. Very noticeable when shopping at the Walmart in Georgetown, lots of little brown people and also a lot of Hispanic food aisles, not just a little section of one aisle. 

This is the world we live in now folks. Not only do we have to fear the weather (which I do, I fell in 2015 and tore my left leg quadriceps muscle) but we now have to fear the ICE Gestapo terrorizing our fellow human beings. Criminals are one thing, I'm all for that but just regular folks seeking a better life? It's just wrong what is happening in the America I used to know and that I no longer know now. 

But here I go again, going down that negative road. 

Stay safe out there this weekend folks if you're in the path of this Major Winter Storm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of warm wishes. And do stay safe around the brutal ice. MaizyM

Ron said...

Oh I don't go out at all where there is ice Maizy. Not at all.
Ron

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...