Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Gov. Tim Walz’s first speech as Kamala Harris’ running mate


Did you watch Kamala's introduction of vice presidential choice last night? WOW!

I have to admit my preference was Pennsylvania governor Josh Shapiro, but the choice was Kamala's.  She has to pick someone who she can work closely with. 

I was hesitant about Minnesota governor Tim Walz, mainly because with all that white hair he looks like an old man (which I thought was what we were trying to get away from by pressuring Joe Biden to drop out of the presidential race), but I am no longer hesitant about her choice of Tim Walz. This guy is fantastic!

There is so much to say about Tim Walz but to me his main asset is he speaks our language. He talks like we do! He doesn't talk "Washington speak." That was Biden's problem (in addition to all his other problems in his old age), Biden was in that Washington political culture too long. He was a master of the "Washington speak." Guaranteed to put you to bore you to tears after five minutes of hearing him speak. Walz talks like the average person. He talks like us! 

As I've often said, communication is perhaps the most important asset of a politician. Ronald Reagan was a master communicator. Pete Buttigieg is a great communicator. Not to keep slamming on Biden, but he was a terrible communicator. Not only did he stutter (which really puzzles me, why he choose a political career with that handicap). 

Pennsylvania governor Josh Shapiro is a great speaker. And of course another master was and is Barrack Obama. 

Most Americans, except most of the lifetime professional politicians, speak "regular talk."  While I'm on this subject, this is the way I write if you have noticed. I remember taking a course of "How To Write."  I didn't finish the course because it wasn't me. All those rules. It hurt my head. So I decided to just write the way I talk. And you know what, I'm a pretty good public speaker too. I still haven't found my two minute speech before both of the Delaware House legislative houses in support of marriage equality, but I've been told my presentative was pretty good. I wrote my own speech.  I write and talk regular "American speech."

Yesterday I watched all the speeches at the Temple University Center in Philadelphia when Kamala introduced Tim Walz to the country and world. 

I LOVED IT!

You know what folks? We're going to win. 

Trump and his MAGA cult is finished!

5 comments:

VRCooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VRCooper said...

The Democratic ticket is more energized as they head to victory. I can feel it. The alternative is just not palatable for many.

Did you know that Tim is younger than Brad Pitt? Pitt was born on 12/18/63 and Tim on 04/06/64. Both are 60.

Have a great Wednesday.

Ivy Green said...

Ron, you have 20 years on Tim and you're still on fire!

Ron said...

Vic,
Tim Walz looks old (with all that white hair and eyebrows) but he sure doesn't act "old". I love him!

Ron said...

Ivy,
You got that right!
Ron

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...