Pat left early yesterday morning.
He was here for five glorious days.
What a wonderful and welcome break from my regular routine!
Pat surprised me with his visit.
It's not too often that I'm surprised and when I have been surprised it usually isn't good. This was a good surprise.
So, what did we do?
As usual when Pat and I get together we don't have any definite plans but everything seems to flow smoothly.
We just enjoy each other's company.
The first night here he wanted to see the new Godzilla movie. Pat likes to go to the movie theater. Me not so much. Too many distractions, people talking, getting there, the cost, and the need for bathroom breaks without the ability to pause the movie. But when I go to the movies with Pat, I enjoy the theater because I am with him.
How was the movie? Goofy but good special effects. Overacted, I was expecting to see Kenneth Branagh anytime appear to chew up the scenery but the Japanese actors performed quite well with the scenery chewing.
Did Godzille scare me? Well, no. Godzilla is still a man in a rubber suit but fun to watch stepping on buses and cars and swatting at skyscrapers.
The rest of the week we visited many of the local attractions that the Lewes and Rehoboth Beach area has to offer. These are places I never go to on my own.
What a wonderful week with a wonderful friend!
Thank you Pat for you kindness and generosity.


10 comments:
I think Santa sent Pat to wish you a Merry Christmas!
I think so to Cheryle! Best Christmas present I could have ever have received!
Ron
Hey - lovely post Ron. I'm humbly flattered. Well it was terrific fun to surprise you with a visit. I know you were expecting me down sometime soon - but it was so nice to just pop in on you. Yep - we don't need plans. Every day seems to present one to us. And I love seeing your friends Mike, Hyatt and Bob. We even had some great chats with the locals we would run into. Love seeing Lewes. Pretty town. And even tho I had to depart early on Saturday I did the pleasure of spending a couple of hours in one of my second homes - Philly. We should do this again soon in the new year. Ron - you are a wonderful host. And Bill is terrific to be able to be with as well. Thanks again for great company and accommodations. Ooh that beard of mine - I hope one day it gets thick and becomes a real beard LOL.
Pat
Pat,
And what a guest you are. When you left your bedroom and bathroom were in perfect condition. And thanks for chauffeuring me all around. It was wonderful seeing the "sights" around here than I have been unable to see for the last almost three years that I have been caregiving for Bill. Nice to get out at night with such a fun guy like you are. Thanks again for the surprise.
Ron
You two always have a good time together.
Spo,
We are a perfect match. No matter what we do, just being together we have a great time. This has been going on for ten years now. Hasn't waned at all. When I met Pat in the summer of 2013, I knew immediately he was The One I had been looking for all those years I spent looking for love in all the wrong places. We may have met late in life for the both of us but it was the right time. My wish now is when my time comes, Pat is by my side.
Ron
What a wonderful Christmas present! I think it was a present for Pat, too! I'm glad you were able to get out and about and enjoy the sights with Pat. This gift had a bow on it! Happy Holidays, Ron!
Paranormal John
Paranormal John,
Having Pat visit was the best Christmas present I could have received. Pat was the real Santa Claus this year, albeit a very skinny one.
Ron
Glad you had a great time---There are such things as a good surprise---Love the last picture of Pat in recline/repose---Have a great week---
Vic,
Pat's visit was a pleasant respite from my regular routine. And of course Pat is always a pleasure to be with. We always have a good time, no matter what we do. We never plan anything specific, just what we feel like doing that day, usually what Pat wants to do which is fine by me. It was my lucky day when he came into my life ten years ago via this blog. Ironic since he never followed my blog before or even now. He only leaves a comment when I tell him I've mentioned him in my blog. I continue to be amazed at the serendipity that caused us to meet.
Ron
Post a Comment