Good morning folks!
It's that time of year again, sending out Christmas cards.
![]() |
| Bill checking out the Christmas cards at a local shop some years ago |
This year I am making a special request. I would like to send Christmas cards to those followers of my blog who regularly comment on my blog.
I so appreciate your comments that share your experiences with me in response to some of my blog postings.
Those whose addresses I am requiting are:
Woody in Ohio
Paranormal John
Jim (in Texas).
I already have Victor's address.
You guys can send your address to my e-mail as below:
ronstales@aol.com
Do me this favor guys. I want to show my appreciation to you for your regular fellowship of my blog and sharing your experiences with me. You are my friends and I want to personally express my wishes for you to have a wonderful holiday season.
Thank you!

11 comments:
I'd love to get a card, Ron, but right now I can't access my mailbox because I have so many medical issues and the mailbox is exremely far from my house (the curse of being in a rual area). There's nobody who can get it for me.I'm presently trying to get my mail delivered to my house. If this happens, I'll let you know.
Oh! My gosh it's that time of the year. Ron is getting in the mood. LOL. Hey, your command is my wish. I'll email you the info as requested.
And as always everyone please be safe, be very, very careful, and be ever so happy.
So sayeth Woody in Ohio
As Frank Sinatra sang so well ( I heard him sing this in person at infamous The Beverly Hills Supper Club in Northern Kentucky):
Mistletoe and Holly
Oh, by gosh, by golly
It's time for mistletoe and holly
Tasty pheasants, Christmas presents
Countrysides covered with snow
Oh, by gosh, by jingle
It's time for carols and Kris Kringle
Overeating, merry greeting
From relatives you don't know
Then comes that big night
Giving the tree the trim
You'll hear voices by starlight
Singing a yuletide hymn
Oh, by gosh, by golly
It's time for mistletoe and holly
Fancy ties and granny's pies
An' folks stealin' a kiss or two
As they whisper, "Merry Christmas" to you
Then comes that big night
Giving the tree the trim
You'll hear voices by starlight
Singing a yuletide hymn
Happy Saturday Afternoon, Ron,
Thank you for the Christmas card in advance.
I must confess that I have no one to give Christmas cards to for quite some time.
I do love Christmas. The lights the color. And give me a well-appointed Christmas tree and I am in hog heaven. Love to see how folks decorate their homes inside and out.
Let me comment on the picture you posted of you in 1976. You look sharp. I graduated from high school in 1976. I was supposed to graduate in 1975 after my brother left high school in 1974. But we had a little issue in second grade. What first got my attention in your photo is how you are wearing your jeans. You wear them at your waist as men should do. Nowadays men wear their pants too low and it looks like they pooped their pants. I was speaking to a tailor a while back complaining how hard it is to find pants with my inseam. I remember back in the day it was not a problem. The tailor mentioned that if men wore their pants as they should you would have no problem. Not everyone has a 32/33 inseam. I am 36 and a tad more. I loved how the men dressed in the 40s and 50s.
Have a great weekend. Enjoy the weather. I see that there may be showers for you come Sunday.
Best of health,
Victor
Jon,
I have your mailing address but I won't mail anything to you until I get the go ahead from you. By the way, I am so glad you're home again! Looking forward to hearing of all your new adventures and photos of your winter wonderland up there in those Tennessee mountains.
Have a great day Jon!
Ron
Woody,
So good to hear from you! I definitely want to mail you a Christmas card from Casa Tipton-Kelly! And thanks for the Frank Sinatra "Miseltoe and Holly" Christmas song!
Ron
Victor,
Believe to pr met. back in 1976 my inseam was 36 inches. My waist size was 32. I could wear a 31 waist but it was a little snug. Those days are long behind me. Now my pants size is 34-34. I'm shrinking and expanding. My weight back them ranged from 145 to 160 These days I'm 160 to 170. I would like to lose about five to ten pounds but it just doesn't happen. Gravity and appetite has taken its toll.
Showers today and showers tomorrow.
Have a great rest of the day Vic!
Ron
You've sent me cards in the past, Ron, but if you were going to do so this year too, please don't take the effort and expense. Truth is your postings are just about always so substantial and significant that (like I also do for Dr Spo's) I tend to put them aside thinking that I'll read them later and give them the attention they deserve - and most days the opportunity or inclination to do it just passes by. As I say, you're not alone in my doing that to. Such is the reason why I now rarely comment on your blogs with the frequency I once used to do. I now only tend to breeze through the usually more concise and, yes, more 'superficial' ones. Sad, I know.
I'll take the privilege of assuming that I may be included in your general wishes - and if so (or even if not) I send my own sincerest best wishes for Xmas, with fine health (and money!) for 2024 to you and to your own nearest and dearest. Take care, Dearest.
In reading Woody's post....I got the chills. Not from the fact he heard Frank Sinatra, but 'The Beverly Hills Supper Club". That was Memorial Day weekend, May 28th, 1977, when me and my parents were 'almost there'. I was living in Columbus at the time and my parents came to visit me. I had noticed John Davidson was appearing there that weekend and I knew my mother was a big fan (not me). I thought I'd take my parents there to see him for a treat. I asked my mom if they'd like to go and she said...'sure'. I had picked up the phone to make reservations when she said....'maybe not, we have to be in Cleveland the next day'. When we got up the morning of May 29th and turned on the TV, our mouths dropped open. There had been a terrible fire at the supper club. I think something like 165 people burned to death. After that day, we never talked about it again. I know it haunted us for years. One of those 'what if's'.
Paranormal John
Paranormal John,
What a story! I've often wondered about all the near misses we have had in our lives. That one about The Beverly Hills Supper Club was a very close call for you and your family. By the way, I can't stand John Davidson either.
Ron
Ray,
So good to hear from you! I have checked your blog occasionally but have drifted away when you didn't post that often. I understand your blog reading habits, mine are similar. I like all of Dr. Spo's blogs but I can't keep up with them. I try to check occasionally and comment when appropriate.
My best to you this Christmas season Ray.
Ron
Ron---Back in 1976, I was thin as a rail---My waist around 27 inches and my inseam around 35-36--- Believe it or not I did not grow much in my high school years...Maybe an inch or two---I went into the Air Force in 1984 and was around 170-175 pounds at stood at 6 feet 1.5---I had my hospital whites--All uniforms tailored to the inch of their lives---If I sneezed I would pop a button---I remember in basic we were fitted for our green utility uniforms-they called us pickles-and our "blues"---The blues were fitted---I was so thin that folks would joke that if I stood sideways folks couldn't see me---I did not like the food in basic---I was not raised on burgers and pizza---I ate and coupled with all the activity I lost a little weight---I came close to having my "blues" refitted---They thought I was depressed and had folks watching me to ensure I ate---Hell, I was 27---I was even older than my drill sergeant---There was only one guy in basic older than me---He was around 30 and was transitioning from reserves to activity duty so he had to do basic---I was so surprized in basic that some guys did not even know what size clothes or shoes they wore---I just rattled my sizes off---Now my waist is around 34---Most of my dress pants are tailored so it depends on the make and fit of the pant---I buy them big and unhemmed and take them to a tailor to fit me---I hover weight wise between 193-198---After basic I started being a little more athletic-butch-and started lifting weights and running---Still do---Have a great week---PS-Don't you think for your height you should weigh a little more---They do say a little fat will not kill you as opposed to being rial thin and not eating as one should---
Post a Comment