![]() |
| "Jimmy" the plumber finishing up installing the new pump for Bill's toilet. |
Good news folks, our basement bathroom toilet now works!
We got lucky yesterday when "Jimmy" the plumber called and said he was able to get the new pump.
He came yesterday and installed it.
It works!
Next!

8 comments:
I'm so glad to hear the good news, Ron. This is a compensation for your lousy Thanksgiving - - - or perhaps I should say crappy Thanksgiving *smile* Take care, and hugs for you and Bill.
Nothing instills panic like an overflowing toilet, or relief like a repaired one. Sorry this happened, but glad it got fixed.
Glad all is fixed and there is peace in the Tipton-Kelly household.
Now time for the long and boring.
Well, let your fans know when the power washer guy is coming next and we will roll up with our lawn chairs. I promise we won't embarrass you except for a few catcalls here and there. At least I know you are not dead. There are good-looking guys all around us. In fact, I went to my coffee place for a Sunday walk and this guy who was at least half my age locked eyes with me. He was cute in the buddle-up for a 39-degree weather-type day. I said to myself "No, he is not cruising me!" He would always look back at me as he was getting in his car. As he left the driveway he took one last look. Flatering but he better be careful. I would tear him up. He would cry out for his mother. Listen in our mature state we are lucky if anyone notices us.
Have a great week. Just remember Christmas is coming. A nice apple cinnamon pecan cake or apricot pecan cake sounds good for the season with a nice hot cup of coffee. I do have to search for a good quality fruitcake.
Best of health---
Jon,
Good to hear from you again Jon. Can't wait for you to go to your home in the mountains. It's a shame you missed all the fall colors this year. They were especially beautiful this year. Some years we never get the full color because of the rain but this year we had plenty of cool, sunny fall crisp days and I suspected you also had at your home in the Tennessee mountains.
Ron
Sassybear,
Well said! I cannot stand an overflowing toilet. God knows I've encountered enough of them during my twenty plus years working front desk at the hotels where I worked since 1998.. I'm ready for some "cursing time now." No problems.
Ron
Vic,
So you were cruised by a young hottie? Yes, that always makes one feel good, especially older gay men like us. Every once in a while I get "the look" from an unexpected source and I'm confronted with "Is this what I think it is?" Alas, I'm way past doing anything about it though. I'm quite content with Pat.Still, it's nice to have interest shown to one's self. By the way, I would never I repeat NEVER engage with a Young Thing. Back in the Eighties I had my heart broken too many times. I will never let that happen again. Pat is the exception and I can trust him. You just can't trust the younguns.
Now that Thanksgiving 2023 is a memory, we start down the hectic lane of The Christmas Holidays. Fasten your seat belt!
Ron
So glad to hear you have the crappy situation resolved! That is good news, indeed. Now, for some really boring days! They'll be most welcome. Moving on to Christmas. You and Bill take care, Ron.
Paranormal John
Ron, just noticed these postings. Now, take a minute or two or three and write down anything else mechanical in your home that could fail and cause a mini catastrophy at anytime. I never gave it any thought that you were on a septic system andd had an upflow sewer chewer pump in the basement. Now if that pump that was replaced was origiinal to the house you where damn lucky it lasted that long. I have rentals that they fail in ever three years. The one that would creep up on me was the outdoors electric outlets that tenants would break the waterproof covers off of. Ants or mud dappers would build nests in the outlet and when it rained the nests became wet and short circuited and blew up the wiring. The house being modern and only 15 years old had sump pumps with battery back ups that kept the foundation drains emptied and basement dry. Wel of course the electric short circuited and blew out the entire breaker box. The fire extinguished itself thank the lord. But of course the unfinished basement flooded and destroyed the HVAC system, the water heater, the washer and dryer and the lift pump out side in a pit in the yard. The mailman discovered the puddle in the yard and called me. The insurance covered it all but they in turn sued the tenants to recover the loss. Ugly horrible situation. Shit does happen. Be safe, be very careful, be happy. So says Woody in Ohio who no longer has any rentals to worry about and is very happy.
Post a Comment