Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Republican National Convention




Here I am, sitting up late listening to Rudi Guilani knock Barack Obama. I'll have to admit, he's getting in some good shots. I should be in bed now so I can be all fresh and ready when I get up at 4:45 AM tomorrow to get ready to go to work. I'm interested in Sarah Palin's speech. Listening to Guilani I'm reminded of Anne Richards and her speech at a Democratic Convention knocking the first George Bush. That speech backfired on her because George Bush was elected president and she lost her job as governor of Texas. Interesting how Guilani feels the need to belittle Obama and build up Palin. While I'm sure she's a very nice lady, but a vice presidential candidate? One beat away from the presidency? I don't think so. Of course all those who are drinking the Right Wing Republican Kool-Aid will find that she is the MOST qualified candidate for vice president. This is going to be an interesting election. It will be close. There are those who will never vote for a black man, no matter how qualified. However, what really concerns me is how could anybody vote for McCain. This man is a hothead. Do we want someone like him with his finger on the nuclear button? This is what scares me to death. Not electing a woman like Sarah Palin as vice president but electing a man like John McCain as president.

3 comments:

  1. Um, Ann Richards didn't lose her job as governor because Dubya was elected Prez. She lost to him in the 1994 race for TX governor.
    Her infamous speech was at the 1988 convention and had nothing to do with Dubya at the time, since he was probably incoherent and tripped out on coke back then.
    (Some things never change.)

    Batten down the hatches. Hanna is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Rudy: In his usual Nosferatu style he took on the mantle of Pat Buchanan from the 1992 "culture wars" speech at the RNC.
    It was really an angry and nasty speech.
    At least IMHO.
    Hey, and I was wearing my big girl panties trying to pass a kidney stone at the time.
    How good is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you lost me when you changed the name of 2 of your blogs, Ron. I had an rss feed on them and when nothing was posted, I tried to find them - told the blog name was available.

    Now I'm caught up with the 2 that you've renamed, and made additions to, so I should be able to keep more current.

    I spend more time visiting news blogs and web-sites lately, since there are issues that need to be followed, and I've only got so much time in the day for reading.

    The weather is cooling just a little bit; the nights are about 10 to 12 degrees cooler, so I'm anxious to get back outside more; we start are traveling in mid-September, and most of the year of 2008 that's left.

    I do hope these hurricanes won't be as potentially damaging as they are forecasting; we sure don't need all this strife in a very pivotal election year.

    Time to call it a day - I took a bad fall last week, and have been in a lot of discomfort since then.

    I'm heading to the heating pad and the bed....

    Regards, Diane

    ReplyDelete