Monday, September 29, 2008

Financial Armageddon?




The Dow Jones Average dropped 777.68 today. The largest point drop in U S history. The NASDAQ dropped 199.61. Is this our financial Armageddon? Probably. Shortly after the great Dot Com bust of 2001 I put away some cash just for this financial meltdown. Over the years since then I've thought a few times that perhaps I should have put that money in a CD. At least I would have earned some interest. After what happened today with the stock market, I'm glad I set aside some cash. We're in a terrible place in this country now. The hubris and greed of Wall Street unregulated got us here. This is the result of the deregulation of the financial institutions and markets that were put in place over the last seven years of Republican rule. The chickens are coming home to roost. Now John McCain is blaming Barack Obama for the whole mess. The ignorance and arrogance of John McCain defies belief. God help us if this man is elected president.

3 comments:

  1. And if that dickweed John Boehner cries on TV
    one.
    more.
    time.
    Well, let's just say that he's the reason the bitch-slap was invented.

    I think I need to talk about this with someone who knows what's actually going down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's really weird is that I have both you and Wayne on rss feed, and it shows neither of you have posted since late September! Darn, I figured you both should have 'said something', so I ignored my rss feeds, and headed on over...

    So, here it is - new posts for the both of you - very strange, very strange, since all the other blogs are current (as are the web-sites).

    Anyway, enjoy the music as always..... Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping to update my blogs today. But, I was called to work again (where I am now.) Tomorrow I am officially back to my old schedule and can resume my daily blog postings (hopefully.)

    ReplyDelete