![]() |
| The back deck of Casa Tipton-Kelly during this heat wave |
Thank God for air conditioning!
Can you imagine living in Europe, where they don't believe in air conditioning? I would be one of those old folk fatalities that you read about who died from heat exhaustion if I lived in Europe.
This morning I made an early morning run to my local supermarket before the heat and Fourth of July tourist onslaught began. The traffic and heat were fine when I left at 6:45 AM. Not so much when I return ed at 7:30 AM. I sat a good ten minutes in my car waiting for a break from the south bound traffic coming from the north on Route One. Casa Tipton-Kelly is located on the other side of Route One. Always a challenge getting home in the summertime from the summertime hordes.
The rest of the day I will stay inside here at my oasis from the heat, chaos and turmoil of the outside world.
Tomorrow I'm having company. Old friends who rented a beach house to celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary with their extended family. Checkin isn't until later in the afternoon and they need a place to stay out of the heat if they come down earlier. That place would be right here at Casa Tipton-Kelly. Originally they were going to stay overnight (they are always welcome) but decided not to this time. We will also go out to lunch. I suggested one of my favorite local Mexican restaurants.
![]() |
| My Canadian husband at that favorite local Mexican restaurant in Milton |
I could use a frozen margarita in this steam bath that is southern Delaware.


1 comment:
what sort of margarita?
Post a Comment