Monday, June 22, 2026

I Love Mexican Food!

 



While Pat was down here the last couple of weeks, we explore new restaurants in the area. We found a new favorite Mexican restaurant. It is called Sol Azeteca and it is located in Georgetown, Delaware.

Georgetown is the county seat of Sussex County Delaware. Pat and I were married in Georgetown last November. Bill and I were also married in Georgetown in July of 2013.

Georgetown is heavily Hispanic thus the profusion of Mexican restaurants. I do love me some Mexican food. Not too hot but just on the spicy side. I especially liked their frozen lime Margaritas. And even better, they only cost $8. Other restaurants charge $13 and they aren't even as big as the Margaritas I get at Sol Azeteca. 

Pat, the vegan that he is, ordered the grilled veggies. Oh they smelled so good. I may order them the next time. We ate at Sol Azeteca three times. All three times I ordered the same entree, Chile Rellenos.



A vegan dish which tastes vaguely reminiscent of Eggplant Parmesan. The main ingredient is a big Chile pepper (not hot). Has a stem which I don't eat. It's enough for two and occasionally three meals which I have done. 

Before Bill died, Pat and I used to get together four times a year for trips. Now that I can no longer travel and my household income is cut in half, our "holidays" are here at Casa Tipton-Kelly. I save on transportation and housing accommodations but we continue to eat out almost every night. I love it. 

Have a great day everyone!


2 comments:

"Tommy" said...

That's the best, isn't it, having company, going out to eat, makes for some interesting conversations. When you find a good place to eat, nothing is better.

Ron said...

Tommy,
You are exactly right!
Ron

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...