I did it!
That wasn't my intention this morning when I got up and no snow has melted. Normally when we get snow here in southern coastal Delaware, it's gone the next day or two. That's because the snowfall is rarely above two inches and the snow melts the snow the next day. Not this time though. This snow descended upon Casa Tipton-Kelly this past Sunday night. I haven't been out of the house since. That all changed this morning. I felt cabin fever creeping in so I decided to attack my ice and snow driveway.
I wasn't intending to do the whole driveway but once I started I kept pushing myself
First thing I did was that ice and snow barrier at the end of my driveway that the community snow plow left me with. That took a while but I got it done. Yes I did!
Then I got my big snow shovel out and finished the rest of my driveway. First I had to get my shovels which I had stupidity moved to my shed at the edge of my lot. That took a trudge out through the foot high snow in my acre back yard. Fun times. That was slow going. It took a while but I got it done. Yes I did!
I completed shoveling the whole driveway in two stages. The first stage was that barrier at the end of my driveway and breaking up a swath of ice on the road. I didn't want to get stuck there with my 2010 Subaru Forrester. I had that picture in my mind, spinning my wheels, stuck.
All told it took me about four hours to complete the job. Yes, I got it done. This is the first time I've ever shoveled the whole driveway. Bill would have been proud of me. In fact, I believe Bill helped me.
Now the consequence of pushing myself, I have muscles that I didn't know I had that are aching now.
Oh yes, more snow expected tonight.

5 comments:
Great job! You know you are not 35 anymore!! However, taking it in stages and resting when needed is a good solution. It is great to get out of the house and get some sunshine and fresh air. I am like the Germans. No matter the weather outside, I open my windows for at least 15 minutes to get fresh air through the house. I read you have a 6% chance of snow in Milton today with highs of 34 degrees. Have a great Saturday. Sit by the window with a hot cup and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
15 minutes each DAY.
Vic,
I do these big jobs in increments now. So far I'm managing, thank goodness. But I can see the end coming. Tomorrow, for the first time in a week we'll have temperatures above freezing. Finally, melt some of this snow!
Ron
That is a lot of work, Ron. Dear lord. I treated myself last year to a Ryobi battery-powered snow shovel. The best money I've spent. So easy to use; clears my walks and driveway enough for me to get out and about. Be safe!
Elle,
I don't get enough snow down here to justify a purchase of a snow blower. We (me and Bill) brought one down with us when we moved to Delaware but it mostly just took up much needed space in our garage. We gave it away. You get more snow in Ohio I'm sure so that was a good investment for you!
Ron
Post a Comment