Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Meeting Bruce Vilanch





I'm back folks!  This is a surreptitious video my Canadian Travel Buddy Pat took of me meeting the American comedian Bruch Vilanch at the Palm Springs airport. We were both waiting for our flights. You may remember Bruce from his four year stint on "Hollywood Squares" after Paul Lynde left. Yes, Bruce was the center square. No, I didn't ask for an autograph or a selfie.  Just introduced myself and greeted Bruce and asked him why he wasn't on TV more often. He joked "You should speak to my agent!"

Bruce Vilnach - American Comedian and Palm Springs vacationer just like me!

I'm be back blogging soon folks. Just trying to get back to my regular routine. My apologies for my absence from my blog the past two weeks. So busy, just didn't have time to blog, but I did have a great time.  Only downside is that I fell again and slightly injured my arm which still hurts. I have to get past that. I would like to manage one of my quarterly adventures and not fall down and injure myself.  Such is the status of my life now as an old man who has trouble walking.  Could be worse. 

Again, a fabulous two weeks in Palm Springs, I took many videos and photos which I will share soon. The best time of my life folks, the absolute best time!

4 comments:

pat888 said...

Ron - I wish I could have gotten a closer video but I didn't want to invade the man's privacy. He is a down to earth nice man as I got to say hello to him as well as he passed where we were sitting and you introduced me. Another truly terrific individual - one among the many we met during that great two week vacation in Palm Springs.

Pat

Jon said...

Ron, I'm so glad you got back safely. After your long absence from blogging, I was worried. I remember when Bruce was on the Hollywood Squares. It's amazing that you got to meet him.

Ron said...

Jon,
I'm glad I'm back. Had a fantastic time in Palm Springs. I wish I had talked to Bruce a bit longer but I didn't want to intrude on his privacy. He came over later to where Pat and I were sitting and introduced himself. Perhaps next year when we visit Palm Springs I'll visit longer with him if I see him at the airport, now that I know him. I also met James Lipton, the Actor's Studio host.
Ron

Ron said...

Pat,
What a nice surprise that you took that video of me introducing myself to Bruce Vilanch. You make all my holidays with you so special.
Ron

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...