Thursday, October 12, 2017

Harvey Weinstein

Harvey Weinstein 

Many years ago I used to always watch the Oscars Awards show. One of the reasons I stopped watching the Oscars because I was tired of hearing almost every Oscar winner thanking Harvey Weinstein. 

After multiple thanks to Harvey Weinstein, I thought "Who is this Harvey Weinstein?"  "Is he some god?"  Then I heard Meryl Streep thank Harvey Weinstein and yes, she called him a god.

Being the inquiring person that I am, I did some research on this "god."  I did a Google search and came upon an image of Harvey Weinstein. I thought to myself "Now there is a stereotypical Hollywood mogul who probably requires a casting couch approach to casting his films."  But being the thoughtful and reasonable person that I am (no laughing), I didn't want to be unfair and make a rash judgement.

Over the years the accolades continued for Harvey Weinstein. WTF?  Ron Howard is a great director and I didn't hear near the amount of accolades his way.  Why all this adulation to Harvey Weinstein?

After a while I wasn't the only on who noticed the excessive "thank you Harvey Weinstein" accolades. In even posted to my Twitter account several times about all the "thank you Harvey Weinstein"as a joke.

Now it has been revealed that Harvey Weinstein is a sexual predator. He used his position of power and influence to take advantage of women who had much less power than him. Harvey Weinstein was who I thought he was, a pig.  

Of course I am disgusted by Harvey Weinstein and his actions but I am even more disgusted by those in the entertainment industry who know about his behavior and not doing anything about it. And I'm not talking about the women he assaulted and harassed. I understand why they didn't and couldn't come forward when they were harassed and assaulted. They didn't have the power. But there are those in the entertainment industry who are in power who knowingly looked the other way. 

You can't tell me that many didn't know of Weinstein's behavior. Especially those in the Weinstein company who enabled him by settling with at least eight women who Weinstein harassed and assaulted. 

I commend the courage of the actresses Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd who were courageous and went public with their experience with Weinstein. Now that they have broken the dam, many more women went public with their encounters with Weinstein.  What is disappointing is the silence of males in the movie industry. Have you noticed that too?  

Here is my suggestion for these movie types. At the next Academy Awards ceremony, leave all those ribbons de jour that you wear on your lapel home.  Leave all that phony baloney hypocritical displays of concern home.  When you are up at the podium accepting your Academy award, congratulating yourselves, apologize to the world for enabling this pig called Harvey Weinstein.  You should all be ashamed of yourselves for permitting this behavior to continue for so many years.  Show the same outrage at Weinstein's behavior that you should towards those other pigs Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly.  

And thank God we won't ever have to hear another 
"I want to thank Harvey Weinstein without this award would not have been possible." 

21 comments:

  1. Oh he will be back just wait. A little therapy and Hollywood will open its arms, you only have to look to Bill Clinton who sexually harassed many times as Governer and look where it has gotten him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigod Melissa! I can't believe you brought Bill Clinton back into this mess. Why to Bill O'Reilly or Roger Ailes, those propagators of propaganda for the Hillary Hating Right?
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Just two things.

    1. It's your rash, so feel free to cast judgment.
    2. Poor pigs, to be compared to this stinking pustule and it's ilk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles,
      I have to admit I did feel a bit bad comparing Weinstein to pigs. Pigs are cleaner.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Apart from D.T.'s "I'm not surprised comment" the Pres seems rather subdued on this subject, which is rather strange considering Weinstein's cosying up to and contributing to the Democratic Party over many years. Now I wonder what's stopping D.T. from his usual free-style, all-out Twitter assault on what is, surely, an open goal right in front of him? Very odd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I think everyone who had contact with Harvey, knew of his behavior, including our former president and Hillary. How could they not?
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Hillary C. is doing the rounds on TV shows here at the moment, Ron - to promote her latest book, but of course! Everyone's asking her opinion on the ongoing Weinstein saga (everyday something new), and she keeps insisting that she had absolutely no idea at all. So there you have it. You just gotta believe her, right? ;-)

      Delete
    3. Ray,
      I suspect Hillary probably was aware that Weinstein was a pig but I don't think she knew or would tolerate the extent of his sexual aggression. I've never been one of those Hillary Haters. I never got that. Was it because she said she wasn't one of those wives who stayed home and baked cookies for her husband? I know this, our country and the world would be a whole lot safer with Hillary as president than we do now with the Divider in Chief (Trump) as president and Leader of the Free World (which is a laugh now).
      Ron

      Delete
    4. When it comes to dignity in office, Ron, the present White House incumbent makes his predecessor look like the giant that he was - as well as lending a positive stature to every single one of the previous Presidents of the last 60 years - including Dubya and even, dare I say, Nixon! D.T. illustrates just how low it's possible to go.

      Delete
    5. Ray,
      Never in all my years on this earth did I ever think I would be this ashamed of our president who represents our country. Even more frightening is the knowledge of all my fellow American who actually voted for this monster and still support him. Scary.
      Ron

      Delete
    6. I know, Ron. 10% remaining supporters of D.T. we could regret but understand by writing them off as just being hardcore cranks - but 30% STILL, despite all that's been going on and still continues, is plain horrifying!

      Delete
  4. I have a feeling that Melissa is right (the first comment). These types of scumbags are secretly idolized by the Hollywood leftists. Weinstein will get some "therapy", blame it all on his rotten childhood, and be embraced and lauded for his courage. They might even present him with an award during the next Oscars (if he's not in the slammer by then).

    The media is feigning surprise - as if this never happened in Hollywood before. Sexual predators have always ruled the film industry. And it not only happens to women. Trust me on this.....(I speak from experience...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I agree with you, "these types of scumbags are secretly idolized by the Hollywood elitists as well as Hollywood leftists." You can' tell me that George Clooney didn't know about Harvey Weinstein's behavior. I wouldn't be surprised at all at the scenario that you presented, that Harvey will get "therapy" and then be presented with a special Oscar for his comeback. Hopefully this time will be the exception and he goes to jail. And yes, the media, including my favorite station MSNBC feigning surprise. Again I am reminded of Claude Raines in "Casablanca", "I'm shocked, SHOCKED that there is gambling here in Rick's Cafe." Sure, they are "shocked." I just hope this puts an end to the hypocrisy of all those special ribbons that the Hollywood types wear on their lapels during the Oscars.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Ron,

    They ask the question of how to stop such behavior? Start giving these guys harse prison sentences. Why did everyone always thank Weinstein? Although not as well known to the public as the director or the actors, even sometimes the writer, the Producer is the most powerful figure on a film. In fact, he or she often picks what film will be made. The Producer hires the director, the actors, the crew, the screenwriter; has the right to change scenes or cut them, the right to fire anyone who he or she doesn't like. You are really in the Producer's hands as far as a career goes, so yeah, you'll thank the producer a lot, especially if the Producer is one of the most powerful in town. It takes real guts to out a big Producer. Everybody in Hollywood is afrain of them.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      You're exactly right. They have to start imposing prison sentences. This rehab dance and community service won't stop anybody. Just the cost of doing business. These people have to know they're going to prison. At least they got one, Anthony Weiner, which surprised me. I think the Big Pig Bully Harvey will come out just fine and continue bullying his way through the world until he dies at a ripe old age. His kind always get away with it. At least he's experiencing some discomfort now.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Apparently, the guy was just a huge bully all around & many folk found his demeanor repellant, sexual assault BS aside. It would have been a wonderful thing (I know, I know...coulda-woulda-shoulda) had powerful people in the industry said, 'You know what? This guy is a dickhead & I refuse to work with him ever.' What a horrible creep he is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea,
      That's the real scandal, that so many in "the industry" knew about Weinstein and his behavior and chose to do nothing. It's all about the money and cowardice.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. I hope he is not allowed to plead he is a sex addict. No, he is a criminal. I hope he goes to jail for something. Maybe he can bully some guy this time and see how far it gets him. Well, that is a nasty thought. Sorry. He is a sexual offender as much as any common criminal rapist who uses the dark and isolation and fear to get what he wants from women. He just has more money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Partical Parsimony,
      Weinstein is now at a rehab clinic in Europe for his "cure." I read where he is causing disruption there. No surprise. Weinstein won't change. He belongs in jail as a sexual predator. If there is any justice that is exactly where he will eventually end up.
      Ron

      Delete
  8. Hi, Ron, enough already of this Harvey "whatshisname" How about Part 2 of your Canada holiday, perhaps pictures of Pat's new Home? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete