![]() |
| Pat was surprised that I have this original Duane Eddy album from the early Sixties |
Well folks, I've been in the dumps lately.
I don't know exactly but perhaps a lot of it has to do with the current political climate in the country that I live in. I'm trying to avoid going on a political rant but with the prices of everything going up, and the threat everything going to hell in this country, it's hard not to get depressed. So I'm going to think of good things. Pat is coming down again in a couple of weeks!
He'll be here October 4th and stay until October 17th. I already have a rather long To Do List for him. Pat is more of a handyman than I'll ever be.
I am still in the process of cleaning out my garage and basement of items no longer needed. Mostly items Bill had like old paint, thinner, insect sprays, garden poisons, etc and et al. I'm not getting rid of his tools. Nor his other items. However, I am selling all of our old jeans on eBay. I sold some of my old jeans (I've never thrown away old raggedy jeans) on eBay before Bill's strokes. Pat and I are also going to sell all my old LP albums and original 45's that are still in the original store bags with receipts. At one time I was collecting those 45's. All from the Sixties and Seventies.
It will be good to have someone in the house. While I enjoy living alone, being alone all the time isn't good. I think that was also contributing to my recent depression. Pat has his own bedroom on the other side of the house. When I go to bed at night I often hear strange nosies. I always feel more comfortable knowing that there is someone else in the house when I hear these strange noises in the night. Bill used to sleep downstairs in his basement bedroom. Even though I've slept apart from both of my husbands, it's nice knowing that they're in the house.
Fall is coming which is helping with my mood. Way too many hot and humid days this past summer. I was often trapped in my air conditioned house for most of the summer. I'm looking forward to working outside now that the cooler, less humid fall weather is making life outside more bearable.
Have a great week everyone!

10 comments:
Pat will be with you during Canadian Thanksgiving!
Anonymous,
I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up.
Ron
Glad to hear you are doing OK and anticipating Par's arrival.
Tommy,
I'm as well as can be. Always a treat when Pat visits. Not only because he is such a nice guy, he helps me with handyman projects that I can't (or won't) do. Bill always took care of those projects before. I do the cooking and run the household. Bill and I complimented each other so well with our interests and skills. I miss that plus also his love. I have that love with Pat now. I am very lucky.
Ron
How are your sales on eBay going. I couldn’t sell anything lately. Especially my husband’s practically new jeans and lps. Book sales are nonexistent even autographed copies. If I offer free postage I hardly make anything after eBay takes their cut. I agree inflation is very bad especially in California.
Anonymous (please include your first name the next time you leave a comment),
I haven't started selling anything yet. I keep putting it off because I know once I start again I have to stay on top of it to keep my rating up. The first time I used eBay was back in 2019 and I didn't have a problem selling anything from miniature train sets to hand made dolls to old vintage jeans and especially my leather outfits. Netted just under $500 for everything. I see now where thousands of people sell old jeans now. I even saw a pair of my old jeans (31-36) on sale recently for $60. I sold them for $20 back in 2019. How did I know they were my jeans? The measurements and the ripped knee. It looked very familiar when I was checking to see how the sellers were displaying their jeans when I realized "I know those jeans!" If they could talk.
Ron
It’s Maria, I laughed about the torn jeans. When I saw my son’s torn jeans I asked if he wanted them mended. I didn’t know about keeping a rating going. I haven’t put anything on eBay for months. I know how it is not feeling well. I’m in my 80s and mornings aren’t easy. There’s pain everywhere. But I’m thankful to have another day and always find something to do. My kids have their own lives and that’s ok. And so it goes Ron, peace. Btw I’m not the only anonymous—
So glad Pat is coming to visit! The weather has finally turned "fall" here in Ohio so it feels just lovely. Hopefully you guys can make it to the boardwalk for a stroll now that the crowds are gone. My favorite time of the year in Stone Harbor is late September/early October.
Hello Maria! So nice to have a name to "Anonymous". I know Google wants you to sign up for an account but you don't have to in order to leave comments. I also know there are other "Anonymous" out there. That's why I live to have a name to know who I am responding to when they leave a comment. Gives me an idea of who they are. By you telling me your age and telling me that your mornings aren't easy either lets me give you a more personalized response. Also, I so appreciate comments to my blog posts. Gives me encouragement to post more which I will do now! This from me on a rainy Wednesday morning in southern coastal Delaware where my body is aching as it does every morning when I awake.
Ron
Hi Elle!
So good to hear from you again. One more week and Pat will be here. Always good when he visits. The weather has also turned here. Rainy and cool this morning. Fall is my favorite time of year. Have a great day!
Ron
Post a Comment