Tuesday, February 03, 2026

Warming Up


Picture taken from my back deck yesterday afternoon


The temperature now is twenty-two degrees. The forecast for today is a "high" of thirty-seven degrees. This is a regular heat wave here folks! Maybe this frozen snow will finally begin to melt.

One good thing about living in the southern most county in Delaware (yes, I officially live in "the South"), it that on those rare occasions that it does snow, the snow is usually gone in a day or two. Not this time folks, our rock free sandy loam soil has been covered with frozen snow for two weeks now. This is the longest I can remember since I've been living here (twenty years). 

Right about now I should be packing for my annual trip to Palm Springs and Modernism Week. No trip this year. As I said neither Pat nor I can afford that luxury this year. And talk about cold, whatever cold temperatures I'm having down here in Delaware, Pat's having at least ten to fifteen degrees colder. This is a winter both of us will remember well.

Next year, Palm Springs. If I'm able to that is. We're planning on driving out. Yes, across the United States. Something I've always wanted to do. Now is the time to do it because I'm running out of time. I remember years ago a woman who I used to work with at the bank said she was visiting Ireland, where her ancestors came from. She was older and she said "Ron, I want to visit while I can still walk." I thought that was an exaggeration on her part but now I know what she meant. I'm barely able to walk. Another reason I don't want to be running through airports trying to make a connection. 

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Raybeard said...

Early days but let's hope that it's at least a half-promise of things on the up, weather-wise.

Ron said...

Ray,
Spring is coming! I can't wait!
Ron

Anonymous said...

You know there is an ocean of yellow daffodils hiding from you , just a few more weeks Ron ... .

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...