You know folks, it's always something.
This morning while I was relaxing in my bedroom, staying out of the oppressive heat and humidity that is hovering over southern coastal Delaware today, I hear my doorbell ring.
"Oh who is it now? Another salesman?"
Alas no, the person ringing my Ring doorbell was a very attractive redhead (not Pat) in a orange construction helmet and Day-Glo lime green T-shirt.
He identified himself from a local tree service company called Asplunh. He was here to remove Bill's white PVC fence from around our transformer.
I knew this was coming.
For the past year there have been rumblings about too many homes here in paradise i. e. Sussex County, Delaware, hiding their transformers with shrubbery and the like.
We've been warned to REMOVED ALL OBSTACLES but of course I've been ignoring the warnings because Bill put in that fence. It's part of my memory with Bill. Actually, I was against putting in the fence, I wanted to keep access unobstructed to the transformer but Bill insisted. He said the transformer was "ugly."
| Bill and our neighbor Bob leveling off the fence |
Over the years I've had many colorful and beautiful displays of flowers including a magnificent display of light lavender clematis. The past several years I've been the talk of the neighborhood with my blazing red display of salvia flowers. That is no more after today.
Poor Bill, he would be turning over in his grave if he was in a grave. Actually his ashes are in a beautiful box in his bedroom downstairs.
After the guys from Asplundh left I put a call into GOT-JUNK! to remove the fence. They want a minimum of $398 to take it away (quarter tuck). Instead I posted "FREE WHITE PVC FENCE" on my NextDoor app and got an immediate response within five minutes. It's 12:30 PM now. "Jared" said he would be over at 1:30 PM.
I feel bad for my salvia plants that just took hold and my long time clematis but it is what it is.
Another piece of Bill's history gone.



5 comments:
That's a shame! I wonder why they need to have access to it? It seems like it would be something that would always be working and never need any maintenance.
Jim
That's Comcast, our local cable service. They're known for their "customer service."
They're the only game in town. They do whatever they want.
I have DIRECTV. When I built my house in 2005 it came with Comcast outlets already in the house. I didn't ask for them. One day the Comcast lady came ready to hook them up. I said "Wait a minute, I have another service." She was confused. I do have their Internet service which is expensive and not very good (no choice) but I don't have their TV service of phone service. I refuse to use them if I can avoid them but I can't with their Internet service. Monopolies. That's the way AT&T used to be.
that was sad
Post a Comment