Sunday, November 07, 2021

Day Light Savings Time 2021

Me relaxing at the Latham Hotel in Philadelphia 2013, the one year I didn't change all my clocks back from Daylight Savings Time to Standard time
 

This morning I had a rude awaking. All my clocks were wrong. Ah yes, Daylight savings time ending last night. "FALL BACK!"

I love clocks. 

I have too many clocks.

At last count I have about fifty clocks. Yes, FIVE-O.

Do I need all those clocks? Of course not. But for clocks are one of the few things that give me a sense of comfort and security. 

I don't go out seeking to buy new clocks these days but if I see one to appeals to my comfort fancy, I'll buy it. 

I can always find a place for it.

So there I was this morning, reading to sign on to my weeping 10:00 AM Zoom meeting with my friends Stuart, Larry and Pat.  I booted up my computer and the time was 9:00 AM! Whoops! Time to change all the time pieces Ron.

You know what's interesting and frustrating about all the clocks I have. Most of them have a different way to access the function they have to change the time. Digital clocks, batter operated clocks, thermometer clocks and I still haven't change my microwave and standard oven clocks. Just remembered them! And I'm sure I've forgotten a few clocks that I have tucked away. Once clock I'm not changing is the one above the door to our back deck. It's too high on the wall. Would require me to climb a ladder and I'm not that steady on my feet these days. I'll justify not changing that clock by saying I need one at Daylight Savings Time.

What does the photo at the beginning of this blog have to do with Daylight Savings Time change of clocks? Every year we change back to Standard Time (with the exception of the great state of Arizona) around my birthday in November. That photo was taken on my birthday in Philadelphia at the Latham Hotel with my first trip with Pat. That year Bill changed the clocks. 


2 comments:

Travel said...

any idea what time it is?

nitewrit said...

Ron,

Most our clocks these days change automatically, except on the stove, Microwave and coffee maker. There is one battery operated clock on the living room that Lois got you must change by hand. The clock that us to give me trouble was the only in the car. In every car it was different and strange. No more worry about it now, no car.

Larry

Let Them Eat Cake!

  Lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing  Legend has it the late doomed French Queen Marie Antoinette said in response to the French peasan...