This is the time of year I dislike the most, the "dead" week between Christmas and New Year's.
I watch a lot of TV, mostly as wallpaper background while I'm doing something else like blogging (as I am doing now), cooking, having a meal of other activity. The only time I actually sit down in front of a TV screen is when I'm watching one of my Netflix rental movies on my bedroom 65 inch TV, otherwise known as the Tipton Cinema. My own private movie theater, which I LOVE.
This week, almost all of the regulars on my MSNBC and CNN shows are off, enjoying the holidays. The substitute anchors are not the same and frankly, not all that interesting. Yes, I am discerning.
What I really hate though is all the recaps of the past year. Hey, I know what happened. I don't need a recap. A reminder of what an awful year 2020 has been for so many.
Thankfully here at Casa Tipton-Kelly we've been very fortunate, no major disaster. Oh sure, all the little annoyances like things wearing out and having to be replaced. One thing that is wearing out is me and Bill. You should see us creaking around the house and outside, two old hobbling men. We're managing though. And we both feel so fortunate that we haven't caught the virus. So many families have suffered losses this past year, we are lucky here and I know it.
At the top of this blog I've posted a video, albeit a funny one I hope, of how this past year has been. Yes, it's been like an Internet hookup date with Satan himself. We have plenty of toilet paper!
No comments:
Post a Comment