![]() |
| Sliced turkey with stuffing, and cranberry sauce compliments of "Margaret" |
A very Merry Christmas to everyone this Christmas Day 2020!
Bill and I are spending a quiet day at home. I'm looking forward to our Christmas turkey dinner later today compliments of "Margaret" of Rehoboth Beach, longtime follower of this blog.
Remember one of my previous blog posts that I lamented that I would LOVE to just have some slices of turkey at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner? Little did I ever envision that someone would be so kind and generous to make my wish come true!
You know folks, I do believe in the inherent goodness of (most) people. Oh sure, there are the evil ones (you all know who I'm talking about, he's golfing right now in Florida) but most people, even those of differing political views are basically good people. For instance, my neighbor. He still has his Trump/Pence sign outside his house but I literally couldn't ask for a better neighbor. We watch out for each other (his wife, son and brother died this past year). I walk his dog when he goes fishing, he painted my mailbox post. He keeps an eye on Bill when I'm at work and when I am on holiday with Pat. I've lost count how many times he accompanied either Bill or me to Emergency Room for one of our numerous visits since we lived here the past fourteen years. In fact, he is the best neighbor Bill and I have ever had in our fifty-six years together, and that includes gay friendly center city Philadelphia.
I'm not sure who "Margaret" is (I think I know) but what I am sure of is that her generosity and kindness has made my Christmas this year. I finally get that slice of turkey, with stuffing, broccoli, gravy, cranberry sauce and apple pie! It just doesn't get any better than that folks!
Have a wonderful Christmas Day everyone!

10 comments:
Merry Christmas Ron! I so hope the food is good - it’s from the Rehoboth Diner. Fingers crossed that it’s tasty and you enjoy it! Sorry that it’s not homemade. Hopefully in the future my timing will be better and I’ll be able to drop off a homemade treat. All the best to you and Bill! Regards from Margaret in Rehoboth Beach! ps...love your blog!
A very merry day and holidays to the both of you !
OXOX
Margaret,
Thank you very much for the turkey dinner. Everything was great! Best mashed potatoes I ever had, stuffing good and broccoli which I love. I had the pecan pie which was also very tasty. That was very kind and generous of you to provide a real holiday meal for us. Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year!
Ron
Dr. Spo,
Right back at you, have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year!
Ron
Happy happy! What a nice gesture. :)
Merry Christmas to you and to Bill! And I love the gift of your meal; what a nice gesture.
Hope you enjoy the rest of Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
Elle Clancy,
Thank you for your Christmas wishes. My best to you this holiday season and I hope you have a wonderful New Year.
Ron
Patrick,
Thank you for your Christmas wishes. My best to you this holiday season also.
Ron
wcs,
Wasn't that nice of her. So many nice people I have met blogging.
Ron
Post a Comment