![]() |
| Ron's Italian Pasta Salad |
Hey! A recipe posting!
I know it's been awhile since I posted one of my favorite recipes, way overdue.
This recipe for pasta salad is one of my absolute favorites. This is one of those recipes that my stomach says "More! More!" I could literally eat the whole container.
So without further ado here is my version of Italian Pasta salad:
Ingredients
- 1 box (12 oz) tricolor rotini pasta
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (peeled and seeded, about 1 cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 12 to 1 cup Italian salad dressing
Instructions:
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. Remember to salt your pasta water with 1-2 teaspoons of sale. When pasta is done, drain it and run cold water over it so the noodles can cool
- Combine the cooked and cooled pasta, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. Pour Italian dressing over it and stir together (start with 12 cup Italian dressing and go from there. I put about 34 cup dressing on the salad and then reserve the rest to add to the salad before serving to moisten it back up.
- Can be eaten right away or refrigerated for a few hour before serving.
*I like it cold so I refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
The original recipe calls for feta cheese (which I like) and black olives (which I also like) but I have omitted them because I prefer a minimalist pasta salad.
In these times of COVID pandemic home confinement I find my recipes very comforting and often better than anything I could find in a restaurant. And look at the money I'm saving!
I have more recipes which I will share on this blog in the near future.
Have a great day!!!

7 comments:
Garbanzo beans are good in this.
Denis
I have never known a pasta salad I would decline; there are fair salads and there are scrumptious ones - few if any bad ones.
Anonymous,
I like garbanzo beans! I think I'll try it. I was wondering how I would add protein.
Thanks!
Ron
Ur-spo,
I haven't tried too many pasta salads but those I have tried, I love them all! This is why I made this one, it is similar to one my neighbor gave to me. The only way a pasta salad could be ruined for me is if someone tossed some shrimp in it. Yuck!
Ron
Definitely going to try this!
Thanks Ron! Have a great day and stay healthy.
Try it Walter, you'll like it!
Great recipe- hope you share others!
Post a Comment